Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Update #39: Uberdark Alpha 45
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2013 09:18 PM by HolyyDuck.)
Project Update #39: Uberdark Alpha 45
Well, it's been a long time since an alpha version has been ready -- but there's a new one (LINK REMOVED OBVIOUSLY). It's been one step up and two steps back though -- a lot of old functionality is currently ripped out -- but there is some new functionality to make up for it though. It is using a completely different rendering system (which is not optimized yet) -- so if it doesn't run well, please post on the forum to let me know. The Z key will also reduce detail (which may help if it runs slowly for you). On most systems though, it should run faster than the last version. Anyway, give it a try!

[Image: Untitled-1-2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Project Update #39: Uberdark Alpha 45
... is everyone else just seeing like this;
[Image: 0ajF4sj.jpg]
?

If so, this is so far from anything I was expecting and hoping for a new build..

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Well on a more positive note, it does seem to perform decently. All I can really say other than that is that hopefully when the game has been rebuilt, it will A) Run better and B) move forward faster.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
06-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Heh, bet you were both surprised it was I that updated the News & Announcements!

[Image: Untitled-1-2.png]
06-18-2013, 10:34 AM
hmmm, this is interesting.. I like that clipart option and way objects are rendered is also very interesting. I see that game speed is still connected with fps ratio.

I am also surprised by this form of an update, but I'm very interested in the wey it will develop right now. As I can see (or as I understand) everything was rebuild. Starting on a solid fundation is very important but it is true that people will be sad by lack of visible improvements (or how to say, more game in game).

I wonder what another step in development will be and what can we expect in next build? Dynamic light, close up rendering or reintroduction of objects to game?
06-19-2013, 12:37 PM
As Aaron explained it to me, objects and creatures have a lot of options with the new system, so as far as the system itself goes, it would appear to be a big improvement. I'm sure a lot more is possible with the new system, but we'll have to see what happens now.

And yes, I am surprised you were the one who updated this, Sean. Tongue

07-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Actually, I'm getting the same thing, I only get a small plane, with a giant tree, There's no guide anywhere about how to get started =/. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
You've already gotten to the end of it, actually. This version was more of a tech demo for the new terrain system. Next version should be more playable, though, according to Aaron.

08-09-2013, 11:47 AM
The new version actually runs horribly on my system. In one of the earlier versions - I can't remember if it was the previous one or something older - I was getting several hundred fps, whereas in the new version I'm getting anywhere from 20-40 fps.

I play too many games at once.
12-21-2013, 07:05 PM
It's good to see that there is at a least a small step forward in this game Smile