Poll: Models or Current
Models trees
Current trees
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Model trees or the current trees?
06-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Question Model trees or the current trees?
Hopefully the title makes some sense, I dont really know all to well the terms used to decribe the two tree formats. This poll is about which tree you liked better, the model or the current. I cast my vote for the model and feel that with about three models each having a different height/atribute would still give a unique feel to forests. I also think that you could animate models(trees) to sway slightly or even uproot itself and come alive to defend a shrine in a forest. The results wont really change anything inless Aaron wants to act upon it, so to sum it up this is not anything official. Feel free to post your thoughts and defend them, and thanks for reading.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Model trees or the current trees?
Both have their benefits, with Voxel-based trees being more easily varying and model trees looking "better." As I understand it, with the new system Aaron has been working on, object based trees MAY be able to work better than they did in the past, but don't take my word for it.

Honestly, I'm not going to be picky right now about it. There are more important decisions to make right now than how to do the trees.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2013, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 10:49 PM by PistolPete.)
(06-21-2013 01:18 PM)iAreNubcake Wrote:  Both have their benefits, with Voxel-based trees being more easily varying and model trees looking "better." As I understand it, with the new system Aaron has been working on, object based trees MAY be able to work better than they did in the past, but don't take my word for it.

Honestly, I'm not going to be picky right now about it. There are more important decisions to make right now than how to do the trees.

I agree that we shouldn't be picky and that the games main feature is not the trees. It was just a quick survey to see if others felt the same way I did nor am I going to hold it to Aaron to make a decision between models or voxel trees using these poll results. Thanks for replying with your ideas and concerns.
06-23-2013, 06:21 PM
I vote models. Voxel trees look realistic, but that doesn't fit the rest of this cartoonish game!

Forever vigilent.
06-24-2013, 08:03 AM
(06-23-2013 06:21 PM)durdur Wrote:  I vote models. Voxel trees look realistic, but that doesn't fit the rest of this cartoonish game!

I agree with you completely.