Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocking Mechanism
05-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Lightbulb Blocking Mechanism
I havent played a huge amount of Lords of Uberdark since I don't have a computer that is still intact, but I would really like to see a blocking mechanism implemented. It would help give more depth to the melee system.

How it works: Mouse 2 would activate block an attack on you would result in no damage taken but you can only hold for a short time, I havent got much experience however so i'm not sure how it would like in the game.Idea

[Image: uberbanner.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2013, 03:58 AM
RE: Blocking Mechanism
Well there's no real combat mechanics at all yet Tongue Sounds like that would also require a stamina system (I'm picturing Chivalry Medievil Warfare here Tongue)
But as there's a shield item to be implemented it can be assumed there will be a blocking system ^_^

I would like to see a Shield Fighter style class that has shield bashing abilities and no other weapons (maybe a spiked shield) just like the idea of killing with a defensive item ;P

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
05-17-2013, 08:29 AM
(05-17-2013 03:58 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  Well there's no real combat mechanics at all yet Tongue Sounds like that would also require a stamina system (I'm picturing Chivalry Medievil Warfare here Tongue)
But as there's a shield item to be implemented it can be assumed there will be a blocking system ^_^

I would like to see a Shield Fighter style class that has shield bashing abilities and no other weapons (maybe a spiked shield) just like the idea of killing with a defensive item ;P

Yeah, Chivalry was the main inspiration. And it would give shield a use.

[Image: uberbanner.png]
05-17-2013, 10:15 PM
As I understand it, Aaron is already planning on adding a blocking mechanic, I just don't know when. There are a lot of "eventually" mechanics planned... Tongue

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]