Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A rant.
12-26-2012, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 02:29 PM by Gnamra.)
A rant.
The development time on this game is starting to get ridiculous, but I can deal with that. The worst and most annoying part of everything is the lack of communication from Aaron, I know he's busy and all that but I don't buy for a second that he doesn't have time for a single tweet every now and then. Just to let us know that he is still working on it.

Looking at his profile I see that his last post was on 04-14-2012
And he hasn't been online in 2 months.

Does he even care about Lords of Uberdark anymore? Is he just working on it every now and then because he feels it's a responsability to us for giving him all that money? If that is so, and he doesn't enjoy working on lords of uberdark anymore, then he should quit and give it to someone who can work on it or upload the source.

I implore him to post a lengthy post on the current status of Lords of Uberdark and it's future, and I have some questions to him.

- Are you tired of developing this game?
- Would you consider giving it to someone else or just posting the code with an open source license?
- What have you done with the money, obviously it was meant to be used to further develop Lords of Uberdark don't try to convince me otherwise.
- I've only been programming for a year, I haven't done any 3D. Is there anything I can help with? Despite my negative post I do want to see this project finished as much as everyone else.
- Why are you not communicating with us? We, your backers and fans do deserve more than total silence.
- Will you consider communicating more with us? It doesn't have to be much. I'd be satisfied with a post every two weeks just to let us know what's going.

Edit: fixed some weird sentences.
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
RE: A rant.
I just sent Aaron an e-mail with my thoughts about all of this and a link to this post. It's not the first time I've mentioned it, though...

As far as helping with development, a couple of other people do have the code, such as myself. I'm a much smaller part of development, though. I'm not able to post releases, etc.
Do you know C? That is the language the game uses, so it'd be helpful to know it going into it, but if you are comfortable in a similar language it shouldn't be too much of a jump.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
(12-26-2012 02:09 PM)iAreNubcake Wrote:  Do you know C? That is the language the game uses, so it'd be helpful to know it going into it, but if you are comfortable in a similar language it shouldn't be too much of a jump.

I use C++, so C isn't really much of a problem.
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it's definitely different, but I made the jump from Python and Java. Tongue

12-26-2012, 08:14 PM
+1 to this guy, welcome to the forum.

Communication from Aaron is a big issue, I think that helps keep the stranglehold on the small community too >_<

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
12-26-2012, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 10:02 PM by Gnamra.)
Thanks, I've been lurking here for a while. I probably wont post much though.
12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
No worries. If you look at the member list sorted by post count, you'll quickly find that maybe 5% of the members have actually posted more than a few times.

12-27-2012, 05:28 PM
And you'll see me pwning the #1 spot ;D lol

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
12-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Apparently,I've only made ten posts...

I swear I have done double that Sad.
12-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Posts in off-topic don't count towards your post count.

Thread Closed