Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpha v.43 Discussion
09-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Alpha v.43 Discussion
What do you like? What don't you like?.

Personally, I freaking love how the voxel trees look. I don't quite think they were necessary, but they are quite nice to look at. The building plane is also nice, though it would be even better if you could maneuver it better instead of it just being directly in front of you... xD

I'm not really a fan of how round materials can only be built on a building plane and block materials can only be built off of existing terrain, but oh well... I've also found a couple bugs, but I'll be posting those in a separate post in the Bug Report forum, along with any others I find. I'll need Thomas for that one. Tongue

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2012, 03:32 AM
RE: Alpha v.43 Discussion
My usual complaint about awkward controls is still here, even laptop players have to have a mouse wheel of some kind but at least it's not as terrible as using the numpad. (Some games actually do this, apparently)

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2012, 03:34 AM
I don't believe I've read that complaint before. What is it that you find awkward about the controls?

09-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Cycling through the materials and weapons, without a way to see which is next or a way to go backwards in the cycle.

09-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Ahh, that is a bit derpy... Perhaps we could bug Aaron into adding a tool selection bar in the next update? Tongue

09-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Would be useful, other than that, Ben already mentioned the other problem I had.

Although it's kind of weird how there is lots of open space but moving too far down makes the sky black.

09-25-2012, 05:13 AM
On top of that, pausing makes it nighttime. o.o

09-25-2012, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 06:49 AM by ZiggyPox.)
Trees do look interestng but after making my "first genuine levitating tree" I wasn't so happy anymore : (.
Ragdoll system is great. Really funky, mobs look like baloons that lost their air Big Grin.
I am very happy how much faster game runs and how far distance is rendered. (after plopping whole forest it wasn't so nice anymore, but meh).

There also is nice surprise. While building with block, holding shift will change brush shape. You can make walls much faster this way.
Other thing is that HOLDING right mouse will give you smooth control over blue plane. If you want fully vertical wall you need to look at right angle (using angle indicator) and then make blue plane (or hold right button, then set angle you want and release right button). Usefull when you want continue or finish started wall.

Protip: Beware of "T" button. Plopping tree in the middle of Your construction is bad.
09-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Expect the usual buglist forum post set up when I'm home ^_^ ;P

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
09-25-2012, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 08:39 AM by Ben.)
Also, right now, it is very hard to get RID of a tree, I guess that's what Ziggy meant about the floating trees though. I had to make scaffolding, to get rid of one, hahah.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~