Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New liquids
09-27-2012, 06:38 AM
RE: New liquids
(09-26-2012 03:04 PM)powerofwar Wrote:  Not everyone is quite like you Ziggy.

I hope so. Otherwise it would be INSANE to stay outside at night.
But then there would be only GOOD music in radio.

I'm deadly serious.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I only saw the post about water... -.- Oh dear.. lol

You should have blue and orange gel... The blue can make you bounce and the orange makes you go faster Big Grin -ring ring- Hello... What? ... There's a SECOND Portal?!? -click-

Scrap that.

A bubbling green potion that can create plant life where it is poured and can be combined with a Barb Thorn and thrown to create Barb Plants that curl around the feet of enemies, damaging them, holding them in place and slowing their movement. Obviously these are temporary and don't produce their own barb thorns when destroyed to prevent an infinity issue which we've had with previous ideas...
Botany, goooo!

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2012, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 05:24 AM by manadspaniel.)
If this was up on the mc forums, they'd of called you a F|_|©KING RETARD, and say you should go back to your Call of Duty.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]
10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I have found my previous post about liquids.

Quote:Will water stay volumetric? Will it be voxel based? Developers always had big problem with water, even in 2D games. For example, water flow requires LOT of computing, so I personally would sacrifice quick water flow for more better framerate. It would turn water into something like blob, but I could live with that.

And while we have water, why don't have other liquids? Not only lava, but ANY liquid?

There is this game called Spewer with funny liquid physics that works like ball pit. If we had liquid to work like crossover between object and voxel, where it is a point with a given radius of influence (where other objects "sink"), but fixed to voxel grid and moving on this grid, so one "drop" of water could fill 4x4 space (with center at 6-edged point). This way it could move fluently like objects, sit on grid (and be saved) like voxels and being 2 times bigger, they would use 2 times less computing power. Heh, this way You can even make oil float on the surface of water.

As I said before, spewer is nice example of many kind of liquids/semi-liquid substances and I added my I-have-no-idea-how-to-code implementation system.
05-18-2015, 05:08 AM
I suggest liquid soup.

I play too many games at once.