Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building blueprints again.
08-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Building blueprints again.
Some time ago I wast postering You about blueprints for buildings. I revisited this idea with illustration (as I'm not shure if my written explanation was.. clear):

[Image: 79Chf.png]

It would require crafting of three tools:
-mason square, for laying basic blueprints (walls, floors etc) or personal blueprints from the list.
-book of blueprints, for holding and collecting blueprints.
-empty project sheet, as base for creating blueprints.

Also, another resource needed for blueprint would be blue clay. This way use of blueprints could be regulated by making clay rare.

Also, if it sounds too easy, another requirement would be to fit in blueprint area (or fit MOSTLY, slight "violation" of blueprint barriers would be allowed), so players wont just use gigantic blob to create complicated structures. I remember most of the people here were afraid of that scenerio, so I tried to work around this problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: Building blueprints again.
Every time you draw, my heart smiles.

Interesting idea ^_^

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Too bad sabo can not be obiective right now.

#bribed_mod
08-26-2012, 07:29 PM
This would be very useful, along with hand building things, say if I build a nice artistic column, and want 20 of them all to look the same, this would be useful, especially if there are ways to flip the blueprint as well as rotating.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I think rotation wouldn't be problem if it's multiplication of 90° in any axis. As voxels are... well, voxels, any other angle would work "funky" (like pixels in paint). So anything of specific angle should have exclusive project.
Thing is, that I'm expecting another tools for sculpting in future. Bulding with basic blocks is ok, but when making little details, like with Sabos' little sculpting tool, recreating these little dents would be hard, very hard. And adding and removing whole chunks of brick to fick one mistake is trublesome without fancy sculptures.

I would also make blue book mean of acces, not actually storage of projects. They would be stored in account, or on players computer, so on every new world we could start building with our favourite parts (as soon as we craft blue book, that is). There could be also trade of blueprints or possibility to copy them.

Another thing (more complicated, might be little too complicated) could be use of more than one colour of clay. So when we make something like spiral column and you make one half blue, one red, you could have
a - two blueprints, one for red clay and other for blue
b - one blueprint that would let You set material You want to use in end product.
08-26-2012, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2012 01:07 PM by durdur.)
I happen to agree with this idea. Seems like something to go with an external editing program, possibly packaged with the game. If built into the actual game, then it should probably be singleplayer exclusive, or Host-Only (whenever multiplayer is added.)

Forever vigilent.
08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I really don't understand this idea

I play Lords of Uberdark
08-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Imagine pushing clay into wooden form. When form is filled and then removed, You end with an object that you can recreate again and again with much less effort.
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
It's a mass production mold.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 03:20 AM
Ok, sounds cool.