Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some mob concept art
08-23-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: Some mob concept art
I really loved the 'molar' monster concept, it has a sorta menacing lovecraft-esque look to it, what with the octopod look to it. Scale-wise it looks like the Conehead Golem looks slightly shorter than a Dwarf with the molar monster being slightly taller. I think the Molar looking monster should be able to cling to walls and slither about, would really make it a creepy and frightening thing to encounter in a cave.

In any case, good ideas, and I love your art Ziggy. I'm not quite that good, but I might attempt to make some fan-based concepts later with my tablet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2012, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012 04:04 AM by powerofwar.)
Umm.... I think Ziggy is a girl.

I play Lords of Uberdark
08-24-2012, 06:17 AM
No... Ziggy is not a girl lol.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-24-2012, 10:30 AM
I can only say that: My avatar is my passport actual photographic portrait.
08-24-2012, 06:22 PM
(08-24-2012 10:30 AM)ZiggyPox Wrote:  I can only say that: My avatar is my passport actual photographic portrait.

Be shocked as I, too, was shocked on learning this a while back Tongue

08-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Well I was going to draw some stuff up, came up with some decent work but my laptop derped and told me it couldn't access/write to any disk drives so I couldn't actually save it. Damn it UBUNTU! I had a few ideas, like random alignment toadmen, animated trees which spit seeds which can potentially sprout into more (Though appear and grow like normal trees until a creature moves too near), Baboon/Crocodiles, and lastly Rock Trolls (I particularly liked the Rock Troll concept but alas).

Admitably, the art was no where near as awesome as Ziggy's.
08-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Tree idea:
Please no more inanimate objects coming to life ideas >_<

08-25-2012, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2012 03:09 AM by Argantyr.)
XD It wasn't the best idea, just couldn't help myself, I really liked the other stuff I drew up.

Rock Troll: Pretty much a solitary mob which spawns in subterenean caves, but has no qualms with lighter environments. Massive creature with thick, angular, blade-like teeth for eating stone. Creature is technically neutral, however it is highly motiveted with the consumption of most forms of rock - if player happens to be carrying stone, Rock Troll will become hostile if there are no other pressing matters.

Murklurks: Squat, slightly anthropomorphic toad people. Groups of 5-15 spawn randomly in set wetland areas (and if possible, with pregenned structures reminiscent of a village). In a sense, these will be like Villagers from Minecraft save for one tiny little change: They are not passive and will attack back if attacked by hostile target. Also these Murklurk communities will each spawn with a randomized disposition towards outsiders aka the player. One 'tribe' may be willing to trade, another may want to stab you to death with javelin.

Crakoons: Large, aroung 3-5 foot tall crocodile-baboon hybrid creatures. They are highly opportunistic and also spawn in groups. Individuals may be attracted to structures or any items not nailed down and they will steal said items. Mobs will range from annoying (Theft) to threatening, can also scale certain surfaces.

I still plan on redrawing them x_x
08-28-2012, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 03:39 AM by powerofwar.)
(08-24-2012 06:17 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  No... Ziggy is not a girl lol.

ZiggyPox Wrote:And Yes, I am female. Can't You sense my femine aura all over me? Boys can do that <femine eyelashes flipping>.

Ha!
(08-25-2012 03:08 AM)Argantyr Wrote:  Murklurks: Squat, slightly anthropomorphic toad people. Groups of 5-15 spawn randomly in set wetland areas (and if possible, with pregenned structures reminiscent of a village). In a sense, these will be like Villagers from Minecraft save for one tiny little change: They are not passive and will attack back if attacked by hostile target. Also these Murklurk communities will each spawn with a randomized disposition towards outsiders aka the player. One 'tribe' may be willing to trade, another may want to stab you to death with javelin.

Sounds like the millenaire mod.

I play Lords of Uberdark
08-30-2012, 04:45 AM
This is your best work i must say...The creativity and innovative attitude of you is amazing...I really loved the tooth rock and shark..Nicely done..Keep it up...