Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some mob concept art
07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Some mob concept art
I've got my cousin's old (well, few month old) Bamboo tablet for my coming birthday (27th July), because he moved onto Intuos, so I've though that I finally will make use of my dA account and make some mob concept art.

http://darkhogdarkhogini.deviantart.com/...-314536840

Spionion
Spawns in dark places, not necessarily at night. Can walk on walls. It aims to damage player as much as possible by shooting balls of web that have 5% chance to spawn another Spionion if normal spawn conditions are met and ball didn't hit player. Attack power is 2, def 1, HP 15

Conehead
It comes in three variations: Mythril, Gold and Stone. Head and "claws" are textured like material it is made of. It has 1% to spawn if there's no trees around and additional 2% for any nearby tree. That means it has highest chance to spawn in forest. Variation of Conehead is chosen at random with equal chance for all three. After killing, it changes ground around it in radius of 2.5 meters to material it is made of and cut any trees in that radius (changing into appropriate amount of logs). Attacks by stabbing player using its pointy cone claws
Mythril Conehead: HP: 85, Atk: 4 Def: 6
Gold Conehead: HP: 45, Atk: 3, Def: 3
Stone Conehead: HP: 23, Atk 2, Def 1

Toothrock
From distance, it looks like ordinary piece of stone. But when player comes into 4 meter radius, it shows it true nature. Immediately shows its teeth and open his red eyes which happens to glow in the dark (their light, however, doesn't prevent Spionions from spawning in the area). Attacks by jumping onto player and bites him painfully. When misses player and fall on ground, it turns that ground into solid stone (not mixed with other materials like dirt) within radius of 1 meter. HP: 7, Def: 3, Atk: 2.

Psibush
Like toothrock, from distance it looks normally. Like ordinary bush. But when player comes into radius of 3 meters from Psibush it shows his face and after second push player on big distance (which, after fall damage implementation will hurt, but is harmless as of itself). The best way to kill it is to use distance weapon. HP: 3, Def: 2, Atk: 0 (though fall damage will do the trick)

Shark
Of course lives in water, usually near coast. It is different from sharks we know, though. For instance it doesn't have fin on its back and is hard to see in water due to very similar coloring. There's 75% chance of that shark will attack player and 15% of that it will ignore him. HP: 16, Atk: 5, Def: 4

Dog
Passive mob, that spawns randomly (10% chance of spawning during day and 3% of spawning at night +1% chance of spawning for any other dog nearby) thorough the world. There's 50% of chance that dog will help player fight monsters (until something better like taming is done). However dog will attack player if he attacked dog previously (even by accident). HP: 8, Atk: 2, Def: 1

Concept art contains proposition of coloring for mobs except parts that may change (like Conehead's head/claws)

That guy is watching...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Some mob concept art
.. you made that with a bamboo tablet? Not sure if srs.. Undecided

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 12:30 AM
(07-13-2012 11:07 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  .. you made that with a bamboo tablet? Not sure if srs.. Undecided

It looks like it was made with a pressure-sensitive tablet.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
07-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Well, atleast he made an effort, which is more than I would do. I do quite like the idea of innocent things coming alive when you get near them but I wouldn't like shooting every bush I see, just in case it was evil. Also, with their attack damage, it sounds like Dorf's don't stand a chance against those mobs.
Darkhog Wrote:Shark
Of course lives in water, usually near coast. It is different from sharks we know, though. For instance it doesn't have fin on its back and is hard to see in water due to very similar coloring. There's 75% chance of that shark will attack player and 15% of that it will ignore him. HP: 16, Atk: 5, Def: 4
What about the other 10%? Smile

I play Lords of Uberdark
07-14-2012, 04:38 AM
(07-14-2012 12:30 AM)Kazekai Wrote:  
(07-13-2012 11:07 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  .. you made that with a bamboo tablet? Not sure if srs.. Undecided

It looks like it was made with a pressure-sensitive tablet.
Or, the opacity was set to be random, or based on speed, or something. Or he used mypaint to make this, this looks a lot like mypaint.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
07-14-2012, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 09:01 AM by darkhog.)
Yes, I've used mypaint and yes, I am using bamboo pen tablet.
//edit:
(07-14-2012 04:13 AM)powerofwar Wrote:  
Darkhog Wrote:Shark
What about the other 10%? Smile

Oops, I've meant 85% of attack. Was tired when I wrote descriptions so wasn't able to do the math.
07-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Gonna go ahead and ask.. What age are you, darkhog?

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2012, 06:18 PM
You are so picky about his skills. It's all about IDEA.

I like this conehead mob concept. I imagine them as kind of golem that pops out from the ground (as spiky rock) or falls down from the celling (as stalactite), dealing damage and then assuming its golem-ish form. They also would have properties and texture same as their "breeding ground". Add to this geomancer Dorf and we have FUN!

Now, pinch of some skills and we have this:
[Image: L8fv6.png]

This idea was nice. It only needed little polishing.
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 07:18 PM by darkhog.)
(07-14-2012 04:52 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  Gonna go ahead and ask.. What age are you, darkhog?

22, why? Also it isn't my best work, just go see other pictures here. It was meant to show my idea, not be super picture. It'll end up as models anyway when used.

//edit: ZiggyPox, and your drawings while are nice, doesn't really fits Conehead idea, It is supposed to be humanoid character, not some golem-like creature (there is toothrock and psibush for that)
07-14-2012, 07:32 PM
'cous I did change this idea Tongue. Merged Conehead concept with toothrock, turning it into player spawned and controlled familiar, not random mob.

Original Conehead is too... random, while toothrock and psibush appear to be horribly annoying in long run.

btw, "It'll end up as models anyway when used.". Models based on what? You need at least BASIC conceptart to make a good model.