Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation
04-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Installation
Okay, to open the game, I go into the files and open the uberdark application, but there has to be a proper way of installing LoUD. I'm on windows, so can somebody post a small walk through to properly install? To get you motivated, ARGH! A zombi! Hurry up and answer so it doesn't eat us! Zombi

Angry,"AAACHOOOO!!!" Me, "BLESS YOUR HOLY LITTLE SOUL!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2012, 03:11 AM
RE: Installation
It's an .exe, an executable file. It works like Minecraft and doesn't need to be installed.

A lot of indie games work this way. I actually prefer it, it makes it easier to delete them and/or update them than going into my system and having a piece of software removed through uninstallers; some of which don't remove all of the components anyway.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
04-24-2012, 06:19 AM
If you'd prefer, you can just move the folder somewhere out of sight, and then make a shortcut to the executable, no different from a proper install Smile

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
04-24-2012, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 09:53 PM by Jaguar.)
It's subtly different from a proper install.

But that's what you get for now. As the program evolves, you can be sure you'll see a menu system, and likely an installer / patch management system.

Secret's out. Cool
04-24-2012, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2012 11:18 PM by Kazekai.)
(04-24-2012 09:53 PM)Jaguar Wrote:  It's subtly different from a proper install.

But that's what you get for now. As the program evolves, you can be sure you'll see a menu system, and likely an installer / patch management system.

Am I gonna have to open an "uninstall a program" window to do that? Because it takes mine forever to load up.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA