Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Render distance and screenshots:
04-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Render distance and screenshots:
So, I can run the game at a high enough render distance to be comfortable for building and w/e else, but if I build something massive and I want to take a screenshot I have to turn it higher and deal with the loss of fps until I've taken enough screenshots.

So I was thinking, why not have a key to take screenshots in-game that increases the render distance drastically just for a second or so until it has taken the shot? This way I can build with my normal render distance at high fps, and take good screenshots without: closing the game, changing the distance, relaunching the game, and trying to navigate the world and get a good shot with a low fps.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2012, 07:42 PM
RE: Render distance and screenshots:
^this

For reals yo.

This goes with my old suggestion of a camera button/tool, back then it was mainly to remove all writing (took care of itself) but the render distance, HELL YEAH.

You get a +1 for this Wink

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Also, the angle indicator, for gameplay it's fine, but you don't want it in your screenshots.

04-14-2012, 08:59 PM
If the angle thingy is just an overlay, isn't it possible to put something in the screenshot code that prevents it from showing up? Or just do what Minecraft did and make a button where the HUD disappears.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
04-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Have a camera item like in Wind Waker. Make it like a starting item though, or at least not hard to get. On the other hand, maybe it would be cool to make it a rare item?

--Brennan Anderson
http://brennananderson.com
http://badassmusicproductions.com
My Gear: A Mac, a PC, and a LOT of music software. I also play real instruments.
04-14-2012, 09:03 PM
(04-14-2012 09:01 PM)Mantalayer Wrote:  Have a camera item like in Wind Waker. Make it like a starting item though, or at least not hard to get. On the other hand, maybe it would be cool to make it a rare item?

No, no it wouldn't. That would just frustrate the people that would use it the most; the builders.

04-14-2012, 09:17 PM
^ Lazy gamer doesn't want to work for cool things wants them from the start so she's all powerful, same as Jordan Tongue

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
04-14-2012, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 11:39 PM by Kazekai.)
(04-14-2012 09:17 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  ^ Lazy gamer doesn't want to work for cool things wants them from the start so she's all powerful, same as Jordan Tongue

F**k off, you already know exactly how I feel about that easy-hard bull. This is a sandbox game, that arbitrary bull doesn't apply, and I will rip into anyone who even suggests that it does.

04-15-2012, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 04:57 AM by Mantalayer.)
But its not just a sandbox game. Its a Sandbox RTS Team Battle Defense game. Sort of. At least it will be. There is cause for game balancing. If you want everything in the game at the start or whatever, MAKE A MOD!

--Brennan Anderson
http://brennananderson.com
http://badassmusicproductions.com
My Gear: A Mac, a PC, and a LOT of music software. I also play real instruments.
04-15-2012, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2012 05:06 AM by Ben.)
Taking a screenshot can't give her any advantage over other players.. Other things though, yeah it's not necessarily a sandbox, maybe a sandbox game mode but w/e..