Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My little fortress [big image inserted].
03-31-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: My little fortress [big image inserted].
That, sir, is nuts! I couldn't take the time to do something like that. Whenever I play the game, I always just fool around. (ADD can do this.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2012, 08:59 PM
FFFFF-
You put Dinky to shame. D:
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Very cool, kudos to you!
Now, if only I can find that block command instead of the sphere...
04-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Woah, nice Big Grin Looks like you need more lighting though..

~~
I think being able to edit brushes is WAY over powered, think of when you're in multiplayer, and in combat, you can just build a 10x100x10 wall and run away. Though having a larger brush option wouldn't be bad at all, just a couple times larger than one block (but still only 1 block thick.)

~~
The lighting on walls that have an overhang looks like it could use some improvement in this video, though only from certain directions..

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
04-01-2012, 10:22 AM
About lighting, it's funny how everything is bright while I'm bulding, but on the other computers and sometimes when I restart map, it gets really dark. And some lantern with wider light and smoother shadow transition would do good for many spacy rooms.

But about torches... For me they look like burning aviation fuel o_o''
The smohe is so dense and fast I'm sometims afraid to get close to them D:

@indiegameseek
You need to grab left-clicking dirt/rock in the inventory and then right click it, still holding. It will swich it from blob to block.

@ben
It can always be balanced. Like, it wouldn't put whole object at once, but one block every 0,2 second, and "assembling phase" would be stopped as soon as player or construction is damaged. And limit the brush size to 10 cubes in x,y and z. This would render it useless in battles, unless "engineer" is protected by other players.
It would be even more "fair" than normal building methood. Imagine group of dorfs backing in tight corridor, spamming blob dirt in the middle. The way it works right now, It would efficiently seal corridor and force enemies to dig throught.

TL;DR or punchline
I also don't want to see whole towers popping from the ground, but some windows or stairs neatly building itself in reasonable speed and reasonable size AND leaving player susceptible for attacks, well, that would be nice and fair, I think.
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM
You could have large brushes without them being overpowered by making them assemble block by block over time. I'm not sure how I'd like the sphere brush to behave, making it any bigger makes it op, and you can't really build blob by blob if it's a sphere, but you should certainly not be able to move while building, because as you said you could just blob while walking backwards to escape, though you CAN only place blobs one by one, so that's probably not even gonna be a problem.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
You have really put me to shame, this is my house
(i thought it was good!)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Holy crap! You can do THIS with Uberdark now? I've been gone too long, obviously.

Perkele.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user