Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug List A.42 (Actively Updated)
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Bug List A.42 (Actively Updated)
(03-25-2012 04:55 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  .. it moved you to the surface level.. If you HAD anything above you it would work? lol

No, it didn't even teleport me to the surface level and I didn't even drop, it literally teleported me to the crystal rock layer.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 05:26 PM
It teleports you to the highest layer of material above you I think.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
(03-25-2012 02:29 PM)Jaguar Wrote:  And B12 is a little more complex than that. Big Grin If you wander too far from 'home', it will spawn you at the center of the current grid. Try respawning when close to the original spawn to see this behavior.

(03-25-2012 04:39 PM)Kazekai Wrote:  "B12 This isn't my spawn point!
"R" no longer respawns at the spawn point, it just teleports you to the surface."

The hell it does! I dug straight down and couldn't get back to the surface. (I wanted to see what crystal rock looked like) It just continuously spawned me there until I started digging straight in the dark, then pressed the button. Apparently it only does it if there's layers of stone above you.

(03-25-2012 04:55 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  .. it moved you to the surface level.. If you HAD anything above you it would work? lol

(03-25-2012 05:23 PM)Kazekai Wrote:  

No, it didn't even teleport me to the surface level and I didn't even drop, it literally teleported me to the crystal rock layer.

(03-25-2012 05:26 PM)Ben Wrote:  It teleports you to the highest layer of material above you I think.

Sad thing is the only person above I quoted that was wrong was me. Because the area loaded is always centered on you the player, and 'R' teleports you to the center of the loaded area (and resets your health total, I think), it will only take you up if you're under something. Dying and respawning or loading in are handled differently as far as where on the map is concerned. To keep you from teleporting into a mountain, or teleporting into air and dropping to your bouncy death, it teleports you to just barely above the top terrain at the coordinates.

Secret's out. Cool
03-26-2012, 04:28 AM
The thing that i found apparent is the on ground item saving. Not all items save. I think only one type of each item will actually save and appear net time you spawn on the map. I tried this by throwing out 10 individual mythril nuggets and 1 stack of 10 gold nuggets. Only 1 mythril saved and the stack of ten was saved as well.
03-27-2012, 12:08 AM
It has to do with how close together they are when you save too. Big Grin The object saving stuff has all been Aaron's work, so I haven't had a chance to look at it at all, but if you use bombs to make pits to store stuff in (one bomb-hole-radius per pit), one object (stack) per pit will save.

Secret's out. Cool
03-27-2012, 12:30 AM
You really need to make an inventory system that doesn't remind me of the inside of my purse.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
06-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Strafing doesn't have a fancy animation Sad it makes me feel like a ghost. I hate having no animations when walking in games.. It's soo.. Ghost-ish.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]