• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug List A.42 (Actively Updated)
03-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Bug List A.42 (Actively Updated)
B = Bug
A = Aaron's Answers
* = Anomaly
R = Rectified

(will be updated here http://games.nndevelopments.net/uberwiki...p/Bug_List also)

B1 Separated Stacks & Non Combinable Stacks.
Placed and picked up torches don't stack on the original stack of torches. When you FIRST throw a torch, if you catch it in mid air it will stack with the originals. There is no way to combine stacks of items in the inventory. If you reach over 1000 of stone, for example, and build with the larger stack, you cannot combine the stacks so you have a stack of 1000 and a smaller stack again.

B2 But I Mined That!
This shiny black ore (.. I think it's actually Iron?) can be mined.. but doesn't get added to the inventory.
[Image: unmineableore.jpg]

B3 Torches Hard As Rock
If you place a torch on dirt, the material it transforms it to is harder than the Copper Pickaxe can actually mine, meaning if you spam an area with them you can't mine them again.

B4

B5 Lost Materials
Dragging and dropping a building material out of your inventory will cause you to drop it and lose it forever, as it will fall through the world. Dropping materials does not currently drop a collectible item as all other items do...

B6 Material Jetpack Lives On!
This still works with normal debris but not block debris due to it's new single cube placement. Stone seems to work best for some reason.

B7 Bouncy Player
Because of how player collisions work right now, falling a great distance causes you to bounce a great distance back upward.

B8 Seeing Past Existence
If you "material jet pack" high enough, you can see through the edges of the map to see the moon and sun as they rise, they'll be cut off at a point then reappear.

B9 Continued Switch
When switching between Tools and Materials with Q and E you won't return to your last used Tool or Material, but the next in the switching list, so you have to cycle back through again.

B10 What? No Superbomb?
If you drag and drop your Bombs from your inventory, it will drop all of them at once, but only as one bomb which will then explode as one bomb. Same for Bushes, Shrooms and Torches, though Bars and Boards keep their item count.

B11 I Called A Time Out!
If you "pause the game" with Esc... it doesn't actually pause the game, so you can still be eaten by Zombis.

B12 This isn't my spawn point!
"R" no longer respawns at the spawn point, it just teleports you to the surface.

B13 I Can Jump Through Trees Big Grin
If you jump into a tree, above the bottom of the trunk you will no clip through.

B14 Stone + Tree = Black
You can build into a tree with stone (basically no clipping the stone inside the tree) and when you completely surround the base of the tree with stone (and now a little higher), the entire tree turns black. Image

B15 Building.. Old School Style
If in building you hold left click then swing your mouse up quickly you'll start building mid air.

B16 No captials
If you use a capital X when setting the Screen Resolution, it will render the game unplayable.

B17 One for luck...
If you place of a material you'll hold one unusable piece.

B18 You Call That A Knife!?
The knife can no longer be swung as a weapon, it has a count bottom right and if you click it's thrown (with no damage).

B19 Rock Beats Scissors, Bush Beats Rock
If you throw a bush onto rock it will make a soft patch to re-mine the bush, mining multiples of these you can pick up a piece of stone.
(Same as old: B8 Softening Stone, too;
Mining stone is not possible with the copper pick. However, this can be circumvented by building through stone with dirt. After doing so, mining the area will not only be possible, but with retrieve both your used dirt and the stone that was there.)

R1 (Windows) If you move the Lords of Uberdark window while it is loading it was come up as "Not Responding" until it is loading.
New actual loading screen.

R2[b] Pressing Shift + F7 (Load Map) will do one of two things:
- If you haven't opened the inventory yet, you will enter a No-Clip style mode where all trees disappear, all items are gone in your inventory, this will actually load any saved map however, now after a short time (or if you collide with anything solid) you will hear the digging noise and a black piece of debris will appear on the screen and you won't be able to move.
- If you HAVE opened the inventory, the game will crash.
This feature is now removed.

[b]R3
Cant... Move....
If you make another window active while Lords of Uberdark is loading your mouse with be confined to the area that the Lords of Uberdark window has loaded as, it keeps re-centering your mouse until you're in game, usually needing to use the likes of Alt+Tab to get into it.
New loading and opening screen probably helps this.

*1 No use Hammer (Not really a bug or anomaly)
Hammer does nothing except make a tree chopping noise when used on trees. It does not actually chop down trees but can be used as a weapon still. (Though it could well be used for Smithing later).

*2 Two Trees One Axe
If you stand in front of two trees, very close together, it is possible to chop both at the same time with one axe swing. This happens too for two Zombis, cleaving through both at once!

*3 Trees collapse in on themselves like a supernova until there is nothing, not reducing to a Stump or the like.

*4 The shield is just a model at the minute (Or so it seems) as it blocks no damage.

*5 You still move if you're typing in Steam Chat when running it via steam (though this is much less destructive now with less hotkeys).

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 02:13 PM
RE: Bug List A.42 (Actively Updated)
If a torch is placed on a surface that causes the torch to be slanted forward and there is something over the torch it makes the smoke/fire effect much less pretty, also I think the smoke should spawn higher than the fire.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
Find all posts by this user
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
If you kill all the zombis after that first initial night, they don't spawn anymore, unless you press 'z'.
03-25-2012, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2012 02:46 PM by Jaguar.)
Btw, B5 can be handled by modifying the template (maybe) for now.
And B12 is a little more complex than that. Big Grin If you wander too far from 'home', it will spawn you at the center of the current grid. Try respawning when close to the original spawn to see this behavior.
Someone should also update the buglist with material retention. Things like planks or logs that don't have materials end up carrying their internal type (often iron or coal) through to the final product. The item in the center determines material (or at least it did when I last worked on it).

Secret's out. Cool
03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I saw that, I think the Boards are Iron for some reason o.o

03-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Initial boards are iron, partially from copy/pasted code. Logs are coal, and boards made from logs are also coal, depending on the recipe used.

Secret's out. Cool
03-25-2012, 03:21 PM
We really do need to be able to collect torches without modifying the terrain..

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
03-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that would make it so if we place a torch in our house wrong we don't have to demolish the entire wall to get It back.
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
"B12 This isn't my spawn point!
"R" no longer respawns at the spawn point, it just teleports you to the surface."

The hell it does! I dug straight down and couldn't get back to the surface. (I wanted to see what crystal rock looked like) It just continuously spawned me there until I started digging straight in the dark, then pressed the button. Apparently it only does it if there's layers of stone above you.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
03-25-2012, 04:55 PM
.. it moved you to the surface level.. If you HAD anything above you it would work? lol