Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update #32: Change Log for Alpha 0.42
03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: Update #32: Change Log for Alpha 0.42
For those who want to know (and don't already) I made it possible to create the bars by putting this:
"NULL NULL NULL NULL NUGGET NUGGET:0 NULL NULL NULL NULL"
into the BAR folder. You craft the bars by crafting a single ore nugget alonside coal (just like torches, and you can create coal ingots using two coal)

I'm gonna try it with other things, such as saws, tomorrow Big Grin
Also, My sawmill and three different anvils despawned when I went to find coal, but not the door, all on the same stone platform...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2012, 11:35 AM
(03-25-2012 04:21 PM)unwoundpath Wrote:  SABO! You know haw to add stuff, make rid-able pony! (Preferable with customizable skin so we can make it whatever)

Gonna make Twilight Sparkle? Tongue

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
03-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I made a saw-bench but I can't figure out any other recipes. How do I make a mithril pickaxe for instance?
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
A Mithril Bar to the left of a Board.

Look in OBJECT folder then at the objects for a RECIPE.TXT if not one there you can make one.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Bar over board, actually... Like, hold the bar directly over a board to craft... That 3-D crafting layer that Aaron built it on is interesting... the 'center' 5/6 is the trigger...

Secret's out. Cool
03-28-2012, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2012 04:44 AM by Platoonsgt1.)
With the 'recepie.txt' it's written like this:
[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]
Which equates to a crafting 'grid' of:
[0] [1] [2]
[3] [4 and 5] [6]
[7] [8] [9]

I know this has been said earlier in this topic, so don't complain about it. I'm just putting it here again and trying to explain it better (although it's probably about the same)

What this means is that if an item is crafted with [4] and [5], you left and right click the items together while they're on top of each other.
If it doesn't have [4] and [5] for ingredients (one of them is 'NULL') then the other one (out of [4] and [5], usually [5]) is the one you need to right-click in order to craft the object, while the other pieces are spead around it in the 'grid'.

Also, Nugget:0 is a coal nugget, and therefore Item:0 will be an item made from coal. (Including Bars, Axes, Picks, Anvils, Saws if you make a recepie, etc.) I don't know about other materials, but at a guess, either iron or copper will be 1.

Edit: I just checked the images with Gimp:
Coal:0, Copper:1, Tin:2, Iron:3, Gold:4, Mithril:5
Other Stuff (Not in game): 21, 31, 32, 41, 42, 43, 51, 52, 53, 54
42 looks cool, I'm going to try replacing tin with it, temporarily.

Edit2: Material 42 does look cool ingame, just rename the image files to see
03-28-2012, 07:06 AM
(03-28-2012 01:47 AM)Jaguar Wrote:  Bar over board, actually... Like, hold the bar directly over a board to craft... That 3-D crafting layer that Aaron built it on is interesting... the 'center' 5/6 is the trigger...

Is it? You sure? o.o
Copy past the recipe file here plz.

03-28-2012, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2012 09:05 AM by Platoonsgt1.)
(03-28-2012 07:06 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 01:47 AM)Jaguar Wrote:  Bar over board, actually... Like, hold the bar directly over a board to craft... That 3-D crafting layer that Aaron built it on is interesting... the 'center' 5/6 is the trigger...
Is it? You sure? o.o
Copy past the recipe file here plz.

I think he's trying to say what I tried to also say in my previous post, if the crafting recepie, in my example, uses only the [4] and [5] slots, then to craft, you put the items in the same spot (anywhere) in the inventory and left and right click. This is how torches, picks and axes are crafted.

Also, i find that it's easier to craft if, instead of left and right clicking simultaneously, I first use left click to move the final item, [5], into position, then right click to craft. The item you held with left click into that position will then transfer its data to the new object.

This becomes useful when making the tools, because logs and boards have preset data which doesn't entirely make sense. The logs have 0, which is like coal, and the boards have 3, which is like iron. Now for an example:
Recepie for Axe:
Null Null Null Null Log Bar Null Null Null Null
This means you have to put the board and the bar in the same spot, and left and right click. If, however, you happen to left click on the board (or otherwise select it instead of the bar), you will find that the resulting axe will be made out of coal instead of the bar's material. If you select the bar though, when you craft, the axe will be made out of the bar's material instead.

I've been having fun using this, by creating the recepie:
Null Null Null Null Bar Pick Null Null Null Null
to create a Heavy Pick.
If you drag, say, a Mithril Bar on top of a Copper Pick, the resulting Heavy Pick will be a Heavy Mithril Pick, because I had the Mithril object carried by the cursor.
If you drag a Gold Pick on top of a Tin Bar, the resulting Heavy Pick will be a Gold Heavy Pick, because I had the gold object carried by the cursor.

Edit: Pickaxe --> Pick
03-28-2012, 09:05 AM
I understand already a lot of the crafting and material carrying etc. Though the middle two sparked up some complication >_< lol

03-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Depending on whether you're using index (0 based), or just counting (1 based), 4 or 5, 5/6 is the center pair.

They can be used in either order, but the one on "top" (the one you're holding when you right click) transfers its material to the new item. I agree it's very different, but I'm almost growing fond of it. I DO think the grid is a little too tight, and the grab handle on items a little to sensitive right now, though.

Secret's out. Cool