Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update #32: Change Log for Alpha 0.42
03-25-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: Update #32: Change Log for Alpha 0.42
It has great, great potential. But I only hope that modding community will provide interesting and valuable mods... Not ponies, bikini armour or animated prostitution.

(I'm looking at You, Skyrim ಠ_ಠ)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I have an early mini breaker mod out Tongue

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I really don't get how the crafting works :/
Could anyone post a screenshot to see how big the spaces must be between the objects?

ty
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Tiny, the objects are touching when I do it. Remember you're holding the middle object with Left Click and Right Clicking in the middle (with the others in place) whilst holding it to make it work.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
They're pretty close, Bioxid. Practically on top of each other.
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
What Sabotage is saying is a big deal. Any of you, with fairly little effort, can introduce new items to the game. Also, with terrain being saved in what will hopefully be the permanent format, you can have more confidence in spending time in the game.

Someone should also update the buglist with material retention. Things like planks or logs that don't have materials end up carrying their internal type (often iron or coal) through to the final product. The item in the center determines material (or at least it did when I last worked on it). I'll copy this half of the post to the bug-report thread as well.

Secret's out. Cool
03-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Man, torches are expensive! a whole log and a nugget of coal. It's gonna be a long, dark night. (Presses C) Nevermind, we're good now.

But back on the development side, I think being able to craft stuff is awesome. I do think, however, that it is a little difficult for us to tell how close things should be to each other and whether they are oriented toward each other correctly, maybe putting a faint grid in the inventory, (even temporarily) would be helpful to hopeful crafters.

-Z-
Just your average everyday Dorf.
03-25-2012, 04:04 PM
The dimensions of the 'grid' are likely to change, and don't require a fixed position in the inventory. I might be able to add a 'flash' that shows where it's trying to find objects when you hit the craft trigger (holding an object in the inventory and right-clicking).

I'm working on a video update for .42 (just like I did the preview for .41), and crafting is being covered, including all of the recipes currently built in. If somebody (cough, Sabo, cough) would be interested in preparing a video response covering the settings file, log file, and modding changes, I'd love to contribute.

The logfile shows changes from .41, most of which I'll be highlighting in the video:

Info :Changes from version 0.41...
Info : [*] Added crafting recipe system Covering all included recipes * also including a work-around for the material issue on current recipes
Info : [*] Added basic torch flame effect Showing flame effect on various surfaces
Info : [*] Added title music Demonstrating all musics, including old day and night music
Info : [*] Added underground music Demonstrating all musics, including old day and night music
Info : [*] Added inventory music Demonstrating all musics, including old day and night music
Info : [*] Fixed object load problem Since this is a bug, and I don't have any footage of the failure, I won't be covering this.
Info : [*] Fixed more crashes due to new map code Since this is a bug, and I don't have any footage of the failure, I won't be covering this.
Info : [*] Fixed crash due to new map code Since this is a bug, and I don't have any footage of the failure, I won't be covering this.
Info : [*] Fixed rendering problem due to new map code This one I have footage of, and will release only with Aaron's permission.
Info : [*] Added binary chunk export Demonstrating large, saved maps
Info : [*] Rewrote map generation Demonstrating large, saved maps
Info : [*] Added large, persistant maps Demonstrating large, saved maps
Info : [*] Improved logging to allow choice of log detail (less log spam) This one should probably be covered with the other 'geek' stuff like modding and settings file changes.
Info : [*] Improved loading progress bar Demonstrating several times when showing loaded map

And while I'm quoting the logfile:
Credits
Aaron Bishop - Programmer & Artist
Cody Burrow - Artist
Adam Laurie - Artist
Ramil Voronov - Artist
Karan Shah - Artist
Brennan Anderson - Composer
Phillip McKeen - Programmer

A couple more things covered in the video, undocumented feature alert!
Controls for this version are as follows...
WSAD == Move
Shift-WSAD == Run
Tab == Open / Close Inventory

Slight increase in movement speed. Very handy for crossing those huge maps. Until rails are added... can someone make a pony mod?

Also, a menu screen has been started, and neither inventory nor menu pause the game at the current time. The menu screen is the other undocumented feature shown in the video.

I'm still in the process of cutting, splicing, and voice-overing the video, so if you want to suggest something, find me on IRC or Raidcall.

Secret's out. Cool
03-25-2012, 04:14 PM
(03-25-2012 04:04 PM)Jaguar Wrote:  Until rails are added... can someone make a pony mod?

I prefer horses myself. Tongue
03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
SABO! You know haw to add stuff, make rid-able pony! (Preferable with customizable skin so we can make it whatever)