Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So.....Will you stick with the name Lords of Uberdark?
09-17-2011, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2011 12:20 AM by HolyyDuck.)
So.....Will you stick with the name Lords of Uberdark?
So.....Will you stick with the name Lords of Uberdark? Can we have a pull or something to maybe consider another name? Pleeeeease
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2011, 06:46 AM
RE: The pink 300 pound elephant in the room
I second this.

Being german myself, "Uber" is just... insulting.

Rename it to "Überdark".
No problem there. It also gains a bit of ancient / norse flair which fits with the dwarven theme.

Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.
09-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Personally, I like the current name... I think it's a little wacky, but that's part of why I like it. It's rather unique and sticks in your head. :o

Also, Gazz, isn't taking insult from a game's title a bit silly...? However, I do agree that Überdark wouldn't be a bad change necessarily, and I do agree it gives it a Dorven flair. I don't think the change is necessary, though.

Neablis, you can always add a poll to this topic so people can vote on it. o.o The final choice rests with Aaron, though.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Can you please change the topic name to something relevant in the post, thank-you.

Also, i love how the name is now, also since Aaron Bishop has purchased a forums domain in the name of UberdarkForum there isn't much room for change anymore.
09-17-2011, 10:50 AM
IN all fairness to that, Sean, domains aren't expensive... though it would be a shame if some of that money was wasted because a few people didn't like Lords of Uberdark as a name. o.O

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
09-17-2011, 02:29 PM
WHY do so many people have a problem with the name?

1. It's better to have an original name instead of something cliched and done to death.
2.You don't KNOW what his plans are with the game, he may add Lords... who are from Uberdark. You don't even know what the world we go in and shape is called! We may be IN Uberdark every time we play.
3. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it has the acronym LoUd Tongue Which is cool XD

I don't see how you can take insult from a game name Undecided That'd be like Dwarf fans saying "WHAT IS THIS DORF NONSENCE".

Would y'all stop throwing water of doubt on Aaron's flames of creativity?!?! lol

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
09-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I rather like the name, too. Having it not really be related to what you do in the game is nice, in my opinion. Otherwise it'll just be like all the stores that're like, "Nancy's Clothes," "Jimmy's Hamburgers," and so on. It's rather fun that the name is rather random. But, going along with the suggestion, who knows, maybe some Lords from Uberdark are going to be thrown in, or something. Hoho

The Discobasis of this conversation is MintySweet.
09-17-2011, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2011 11:28 PM by GabbyBob.)
(09-17-2011 06:46 AM)Gazz Wrote:  I second this.

Being german myself, "Uber" is just... insulting.

Rename it to "Überdark".
No problem there. It also gains a bit of ancient / norse flair which fits with the dwarven theme.

Isn't it already called Überdark? I spell it Uberdark because I'm too lazy to figure out how to put the little enunciation dots over the 'U'. I know there's a way, I just never figured it out.
09-17-2011, 11:30 PM
The title screen, file you play with and Kickstarter all have the Normal U on them Undecided

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
09-18-2011, 02:09 PM
RE: So.....Will you stick with the name Lords of Uberdark?
No problem with the name myself. Uber ('u' without an umlaut) has grown much more common in the English language. There was a time when that would have been unacceptable, however language use-rules do change over time. These days it is commonly considered acceptable it seems.

[Image: alluvianuberdarksig01.gif]