Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somthing minecraft lacked?
01-06-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: Somthing minecraft lacked?
Well the fact that we CAN do that to them and they've not gone all planet of the apes makes us "better", I'm not saying humans are morally just, but that they can get away with it.
They may bleed and cry like we do but they don't realise their own mortality like we do which is, I think, what drives 80% of human behaviour and 100% of the behaviour you hate in humans.
"If you can catch the insects and hunting is an option, that would be nice. I want to use everything I see in some way."
You yourself suggested the ability to hunt animals in game.
Also for every person that does do that to animals there is a person who fights against it too, you just the human race only by the negative and tint everything with those black lenses of yours as if you'd be the only one to stand up and fight whereas there are many who do the same. Yin and Yang everything has a balance.
It also amuses me you used a human analogy for who you stick up for when you are dissing humans in the process Tongue
I do enjoy conversing with you Kaze, but I think we must take this discussion elsewhere, please feel free to make an off-topic thread regarding something along these lines.

ON-TOPIC:
Yeah I agree, to have different methods of gathering, the easy vs the better. Shooting them down has the chance to break them and can't gather certain fragile fruits by this method. Climbing is hazardous at the start due to chances of losing footing and falling from the tree causing the fall damage that will no doubt come Tongue

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Hunting cause lol.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2012, 10:22 AM
(01-06-2012 09:01 AM)Kazekai Wrote:  I tend to stick up for the little guy, and to me, humans are just bullies, animals are the nerdy kids getting sand kicked in their faces with no defense against it, and no way to assert themselves or remind us of their rights, so we can use them. Yet most people would not like this done to them. What makes anyone think they're better than an animal? We function the same way they do, we have a lot in common genetically with other mammals, they bleed and cry just like we do, but our society is built to use them even when we don't need to, such as with dog fighting.

On:Topic: Being able to climb the assumed variety of trees in the game to obtain fruit and nuts would be a nice touch, I think. Or just shoot them out of a tree Wanderer-style.
That is ridiculous; it's called a food chain, animals do it to other animals, too. It's unavoidable in nature.

On topic:
I agree about being able to climb trees, could make tree houses awesome Big Grin

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
01-07-2012, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 11:33 AM by ZiggyPox.)
On topic:
For me minecraft lacked some peons to work for me or anything, like, LIFE to take care of. When I'm building my "underground cities" it's all fun and games, filled with rooms, beds, storage areas, market places, crafting zones BUT for what? Real players will wander away anyway and use the nearest utility. I want to be hero AND govenor of my map, not by RPing it but by real gameplay means.

Like in dungeon keeper. This satisfaction after carefully planning layout of my dungeon, executing plans and then possesing some creature, so I can look at it from the inside.

I want to life in ant colony, not to be a lone mole.

Off topic(edit):
I kill animals for skills but I do not burn whole villages for fun ,as some do after completing games like Skyrim. On the other hand, arbitrary decision that children are unkillable annoys me because it's arbitrary decision.

Lets face it, in these games we ALL are sociopaths, in medical sense. Our morals bend like green twig if we only can get nice gear and get away with that without consequences. We steal if paid and kill if paid and resuce someone if paid and everything we do, is for our personal gain.

I did blew up Megaton to see this awsome explosion, but quickloaded not because it was wrong, but there were more quests and rewards from Megaton.
01-07-2012, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 11:37 AM by GabbyBob.)
Minecraft needs more objectives, imo. I mean, Terraria is better then Minecraft is. In Minecraft your main objective when you start a new world, your objective is to make a house to survive. But once that house is made, what's next?

For me objectives are a must.
01-07-2012, 01:28 PM
There is an ender dragon, but I'm not amused Tongue. I have more fun by getting first diamonds. The thing is to get to these obiectives in "non grinding way". I like gathering resources, planning my mineshafts and making potions, but farming exp and rolling over and over again for best enhancements isn't satisfactory. Especially when at the end of hunting exp, not farming, all is determinated by a single roll of dice. Is like putting Your life savings in stock exchange just to find Yourself broke.
01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Minecraft "Release" was a joke, the potions thing is unbalanced, the skill point use is god awful. It will never lose it's original building calming charm, but this new stuff? Badly done.

I don't ever want to have to say anything like that about LoUd, both had huge potential, I don't want this to ruin that ^_^

01-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I've never touched the enchanting or potions, enchanting an item that will be destroyed eventually just seems pointless. I haven't fought the ender dragon yet either.. Not really motivated to.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
01-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Minecraft is a game that never ends, Terraria isn't really the same, once I get endgame items, I see no point to continue playing it. >_> I have tried to like it but part of what I don't like is finite maps and too many enemies all the time. It's hard to build anything with stuff constantly attacking you and while some people think it's a "fun challenge", I think it's just a pain, especially on floating islands, where the dragons never stop spawning.

You can't even stop enemies from spawning in your house, the game is literally overloaded with mobs at all times, Minecraft only has 6 enemies and all work in different ways, but there are ways to keep them from spawning in your house and most only come out in the dark. (The exception being slimes which spawn 15 blocks above bedrock and silverfish which I have actually never found naturally.)

The problem being in Terraria that you need a lot of the monster drops to make basic things, so decreasing the spawn of them ruins the entire game. I think it'd be a good idea if this game focused more on resources like plants and ore and not so much on monster drops. Having to deal with enemies all the time, even in the overworld in broad daylight, is grating, I think the harder-hitting enemies should come out at night while weaker enemies should be uncommon spawns in daylight. (With the occasional attempted goblin raids which should actually ransack a town instead of just breaking all the friggin doors!) Not to mention monsters become a lot less scary and interesting if you can just godmode the crap out of them.

Minecraft's monsters scare me, not because they themselves are scary (I think Endermen are cute) but because the entire area they can spawn in is considered dangerous, it gives me a place where I can feel safe and a place where I need to practice caution, and even in daylight, there is always the danger of leftover creepers, but they are rare, and difficult to successfully kill or detect. It feels more like a survival game than a hack-and-slash.

Also, I feel that hunting animals for food isn't wrong because animals do the same thing and it is a purposeful reason for killing them, hunting animals for fancy fur and orphaning their young just for tusks or horns that we do not need is wrong to me, as well as dog fighting or animal abuse. That was what I was talking about. With that in mind, I think the primary purpose of hunting game should be necessities, and most commodities should come from monster drops or other sentient beings.

In a world where synthetic fibers replace fur and ivory, I don't think we should be killing animals for their fur or leather, but in a world where people are still gathering fruits and building with stone, I think using furs as blankets or clothes is acceptable, especially in colder regions. But I think that there should be alternatives, like, if you live in a colder region, you need fur clothes and an insulated shelter to not die of hypothermia, but in warmer regions, you can make clothes out of the plantlife so you won't die of heat stroke. It'd add a more interesting aspect to gameplay, IMO.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
01-07-2012, 06:06 PM
"Most commodities come from monster drops"
Then you need higher monster spawn to make this useful which are points you were against >.<

You think we're all for dog fighting, animal abuse and hunting for fur and ivory? So your outrage and rants are wasted in that sense =_= We all are against it, we don't make it an anti humanity thing and a main drive Smile

The idea of heat stroke/ hypothermia makes it should like comfort bars which makes it sound Simsish which can get very annoying very quickly in a game if forced.