Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somthing minecraft lacked?
01-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Somthing minecraft lacked?
I know this game isnt a remake or anything close to minecraft nor is it trying to prove anything for it but there was one thing i alway hated bout it the lack of immersion you build it but there were no little animals such as butterflies and birds or the sound of the wind i know all this is time consuming but the world itself felt in a stand still and though ive been playing that game for a year and i was wondering what yall think bout the subject of the world feeling almost at a stand still rather then bringing your into it i know this game is still in baby stage but i was as i said wondering what thoughts on it were and what you think could come of this game in that aspect?Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 08:07 AM
RE: Somthing minecraft lacked?
The way it's been described I'm not sure if you'll be standing around enjoying as much as you would have done in Minecraft.. This sounds like it may be more action orientated, however little touches would make a beautiful game. Insects (butterflies, torchbugs etc) maybe made up animals hopping about.. Yes that would be very nice indeed..

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
If you can catch the insects and hunting is an option, that would be nice. I want to use everything I see in some way.

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
01-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, like how you could get a bug in a bottle in Zelda games.

-=== Awesomeness in a Bottle. ===-
01-05-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 06:59 PM by Kwenith.)
agreed its the simple things that makes the games so much more worth its the useless crap in games or tedious gathering that makes it soo much more fun.
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
I will feel terrible if catching butterflies only gives me its wings, though. Skyrim is evil. Sad

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
01-06-2012, 12:41 AM
But it's okay to zap foxes to death? Tongue
You and your selective morality X'D

01-06-2012, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 04:56 AM by Kazekai.)
(01-06-2012 12:41 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  But it's okay to zap foxes to death? Tongue
You and your selective morality X'D

I never attack animals in Skyrim, the butterfly thing is pretty morbid.

I kill humans all the time though, that's totally okay, they all probably deserve it anyway. Angel I want the ability to eat human flesh in Uberdark.

You know what's morbid? Catching bugs on Skyward Sword just to use them in potions. [Spoiler alert] I liked it better when we just gave them to some potentially homicidally insane 6 year old.

01-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Lol I love your animals are more important than humans thoughts though I totally don't agree XD

If I had a dog that I loved dearly and we were attacked by a bear, the only way to save my life was to sic the dog on the bear so I could escape? In a heartbeat.

01-06-2012, 09:01 AM
(01-06-2012 06:05 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  Lol I love your animals are more important than humans thoughts though I totally don't agree XD

If I had a dog that I loved dearly and we were attacked by a bear, the only way to save my life was to sic the dog on the bear so I could escape? In a heartbeat.

I tend to stick up for the little guy, and to me, humans are just bullies, animals are the nerdy kids getting sand kicked in their faces with no defense against it, and no way to assert themselves or remind us of their rights, so we can use them. Yet most people would not like this done to them. What makes anyone think they're better than an animal? We function the same way they do, we have a lot in common genetically with other mammals, they bleed and cry just like we do, but our society is built to use them even when we don't need to, such as with dog fighting.

On:Topic: Being able to climb the assumed variety of trees in the game to obtain fruit and nuts would be a nice touch, I think. Or just shoot them out of a tree Wanderer-style.