Redstone
12-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Redstone
Do I need to say more Tongue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2011, 08:36 AM
RE: Redstone
Mechanics like that would be nice, but it would probably be a lot more difficult to add than it was for Minecraft and Terraria. They have a nice grid of blocks/tiles which probably makes things a lot simpler..

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
12-28-2011, 08:47 AM
(12-28-2011 08:36 AM)Ben Wrote:  Mechanics like that would be nice, but it would probably be a lot more difficult to add than it was for Minecraft and Terraria. They have a nice grid of blocks/tiles which probably makes things a lot simpler..

And still, code in minecraft to handle redstone is awfully complex, they check twenty blocks at once Tongue.

What would be really nice, some wire like in RedPower, and simulate it as an entire entity. Like, the game knows the wire is connected when you connected it. Passing current trough it would mean powering the other end and activating whatever needs to activate. Keep it simple and it will be better than redstone Wink (also, mind making it a bit more realistic Big Grin?).
12-28-2011, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2011 09:04 AM by Ben.)
It would be nice if redstone was placeable the same way that the regular materials are.. Rather than being limited to being placed on a surface. It would have to be a smaller material though, wouldn't want bulky wires all over the place.

12-28-2011, 09:06 AM
(12-28-2011 09:00 AM)Ben Wrote:  It would be nice if redstone was placeable the same way that the regular materials are.. Rather than being limited to being placed on a surface.

I actually don't want *redstone*, but rather something that does what *redstone* can do in minecraft. I've seen some videos with a copper-like mineral and a gold-like one (maybe even copper/gold). Those would be nice to have as wires Smile.

I hope I'll refrain myself from suggesting complicated but realistic crafting (with a million details I could add). I'd better just watch the game develop as planned Smile.
12-28-2011, 09:09 AM
(12-28-2011 09:06 AM)eddyb Wrote:  I hope I'll refrain myself from suggesting complicated but realistic crafting (with a million details I could add). I'd better just watch the game develop as planned Smile.
The people on these forums love complicated crafting Tongue

12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Honestly, if LoUd got complicated wiring and mechanics... I'd love it! Redstone never was my favourite aspect of minecraft just because it wasn't all tangled up like actual wiring... Sure you could make a tangled up mechanic with redstone, but it always took up giant amounts of space which made it useless. I'd say "yes" just because I think I'd be able to have some laughs with this.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]
12-28-2011, 01:57 PM
If you make things so overly complex and convoluted you risk alienating people who'd prefer a simple interface, losing what could be a sizeable chunk of potential LoUd'ers.

I've never been a fan of the overly complex, I've seen Minecraft mods with oil pumps and pipes and nuclear reactors etc which I could just never be bothered with, and I don't want LoUd to end up at that stage.

If you start overly complex aspects, you'll start adding more. You become more and more likely of ending up with a garbled unplayable mess instead of the original vision for the game.

... Just sayin lol.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I think better than redstone would be a pipe system for electricity, where you can select the starting point and end point. It would have a maximum range and you could tac it to walls for it to look better, similar to the logic of the torches. Smile Pipes could be used for electric cabling or also liquids later in mods, to make flooding traps for example.
12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
I want to build a maze that you must solve in 4 minutes or you are crushed to death!