Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug List A.39 (Actively Updated)
12-26-2011, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2012 02:07 PM by SabotageTheFool.)
Bug Bug List A.39 (Actively Updated)
B = Bug
A = Aaron's Answers
* = Anomaly
E = Easter Eggs

B1 "Q == Weapon Change"
Not for me, I need to click in the inventory.

B2 [*] Changed exit to shift-escape
But Tab-Escape STILL exits, so the Esc meme is revived when trying to leave the inventory.

B3 G == Put good things on the wall
Meant to be thrown the same as Torches, this doesn't happen, you can throw the spikes in your inventory, these stick as they are meant to, but you can do that only once.

B4 Ores aren't picked up.
You mine through them normally but they never pick up like other materials.

B5 If you "material jet pack" high enough, you can see through the edges of the map to see the moon and sun as they rise, they'll be cut off at a point then reappear.
[Image: moonsunbug.jpg]

(You also see this in the "Void" (No clip and travel through the ground")

B6 Pressing Shift + F7 (Load Map) will do one of two things:
- If you haven't opened the inventory yet, you will enter a No-Clip style mode where all trees disappear, all items are gone in your inventory and you can pass through the earth, if you have a map saved it will be on this map that you're No-Clipping.
- If you HAVE opened the inventory, the game will crash.

B7 Holding right click and left click (building actions) whilst the inventory is open shows particles as though it is building, but it doesn't actually build anything (pressing F and B in inventory also still throws bombs and torches).

B8 If you mine a surface with spikes or a torch attached you get a strange blue debris in your inventory as if you're mining and picking up their place holder.
(credit to FarmerZaku for isolating the location of the blue debris)
[Image: material.jpg]

*1 Due to thrown items being unable to be picked up and no Q to change, you can drop all tools and be left unable to do much else in game.

*2 Spear is held in such a way it's swung like a club rather than stabbing like a spear.

*3 If you look directly down and hold back, or look directly up and hold forward whilst jumping, you'll jump much higher.

*4 Selected material not highlighted anywhere, so you need to memorize the keys.

*5 Because you can't right click to place object, only throw them from the inventory, you often won't get it the right way up.

*6 Map Generation is "Broken", you will get the same map every time with the settings that you choose, so you can map map "Recipes" to get certain maps each time, but means if you want to play a different map you need to change the values, and there is no instamagic random map generation.

*7 Typing in Steam messages still controls the character in game, throwing bombs, torches and moving. Less messy with no auto spawn Saw Bench and Furnace. This will be in until an actual pause is introduced.

E1 The furnace has a smiley face on the bottom of it Smile
[Image: furnaceface.jpg]
(this was present in a.38, but is a lot easier to see now)

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2011, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2011 10:48 PM by PlzBanMe.)
RE: Bug List A.39 (Actively Updated)
G does not throw spikes like it said in the logfile.(After talking with SabotageTheFool I gave it a look)
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2011, 10:48 PM
B3 G == Put good things on the wall
Meant to be thrown the same as Torches, this doesn't happen, you can throw the spikes in your inventory, these stick as they are meant to, but you can do that only once.

Already in it, now read the bug list too lol.

12-26-2011, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2011 10:51 PM by Ben.)
Selecting a material (dirt in my case) from the inventory and then pressing tab causes me to crash..

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
12-26-2011, 10:51 PM
^ This doesn't happen for me.

Unless you can find a way to replicate this (try a video) there's no other case yet.

12-26-2011, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2011 10:55 PM by PlzBanMe.)
You can build while in your inventory but when you move the mouse the build tool doesn't move. I was looking at the modle and right click to see what it would do and dirt came out not really sure how to word it.
12-26-2011, 11:02 PM
(12-26-2011 10:51 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  ^ This doesn't happen for me.

Unless you can find a way to replicate this (try a video) there's no other case yet.
I can't replicate this consistently, but every now and again pressing tab whilst in the inventory will crash the game. Will try to capture on video..

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
12-26-2011, 11:02 PM
^ Holding right click and left click whilst the inventory is open shows particles as though it's building, it doesn't actually build anything though.

12-26-2011, 11:05 PM
I can't replicate it but it did happen I will keep at it.
12-27-2011, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 01:11 AM by PlzBanMe.)
Mining thins underwater will destroy all of the water above the removed sand!
(i thought they would merge)