Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Terraria discussion
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
General Terraria discussion
Figured it might as well fall on me to make this since I derailed the last topic. My bad. Big Grin

Anyway, been playing a lot lately. My friend and I have just started our first build, but it hasn't gotten far enough in development to be anything special. Just a mess of cobalt bricks right now. I'll post a screenshot when it gets farther; I have the right to, seeing as I'll probably do 90% of the building anyway.

Our map is currently a mess of hallow/corruption warring for dominance, but we managed to find one beach that is still normal - that we will shower with holy water anyway. Angel

Oh, by the way, new lighting engine is epic.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/KazeSkyfox/...tab=public

This was smack-dab in the middle of an underground hallow. Big Grin

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 08:43 AM
RE: General Terraria discussion
Lol, the angel wings should be on you Tongue Also sounds good, we do need some sorta general Terraria discussion on here.... So anyways, 1.1 is amazing! Once I get enough lenses Imma gonna take on the Twins... See how that goes. Solo.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]
12-08-2011, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 09:29 AM by utahrapter3.)
Terraria is good and all but I really hope they don't enable mods. Mods make you realize what the game lacks in and once you get sucked into mods there's no going back. This is pretty much what happened to Minecraft. I hope Terraria doesn't fall into the same trap.

Why did Constantinople get the works?

That's nobody's business but the Turks'
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2011, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 02:04 PM by HolyyDuck.)
Mods are already allowed, they have quite a few of them on their forums, in this update they did add a lot of things that modders have made, such as the 'plumbing' system. They don't have an official API, but i don't think they care about people hooking into their game, but i believe they have said they want to introduce modding support.

[Image: Untitled-1-2.png]
12-08-2011, 12:47 PM
The new lighting system is awesome in Terraria ^_^

The new bosses are evil =_="

I heard "Pixies" I though AWWWW! But Pixies will KICK YOUR ASS! XD

But I muchly enjoyed my playthrough to the stage I'm at (Hard mode from fully fresh) and I am still enjoying ^_^

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
12-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm all for mods, personally. Maybe someone will make a custom character mod, like what should've been done from the start anyway.

I have angel wings, they're hard to see. My equipment in that screenshot is old. Tongue

The difficulty curve is annoying in 1.1, and because of wyverns I still can't build on floating islands. They spawn way too often and floating islands are my favorite places to build. Angry

Wraiths are annoying; they spawn way too often, way too randomly, and they go through walls. I thought my house was supposed to be safe. Considering how scary wraiths are in mythology I'm kind of surprised they spawn so often and aren't much more of a hassle than meteor heads except for the whole killing-my-NPCs thing. A wraith is an angry spirit accumulated from the damned or a soul full of hate that wails in an unbearable way and sucks the life out of anyone it touches and tortures their soul for eternity, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do something creepier.

Also new logic system is great. Big Grin We have stone doors as bloodmoon prevention.

12-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Seriously, who the hell decided to make the bosses so unpossible? >_<

Can't beat the twins, SURELY they're the easiest? Yes? No? I don't know any more... >_<

I was looking at Skeletron Prime's stats, he seems to have the overall lowest life.

12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Yea, I tried to make a hardcore character, but it turns out I liked her too much. Sad So I made a Mediumcore. And it turns out I like her too, But I don't have to worry about her dying permanently. It turns out I can't play hardcore.
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
(12-11-2011 01:15 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  Seriously, who the hell decided to make the bosses so unpossible? >_<

Can't beat the twins, SURELY they're the easiest? Yes? No? I don't know any more... >_<

I was looking at Skeletron Prime's stats, he seems to have the overall lowest life.

They're meant for multiplayer, but that kind of sucks since not everyone likes multiplayer. (I do but I know someone who doesn't) We can't spawn the destroyer or Prime on our server because of a glitch. That's bull.

Oh, and we started building that mage tower. However, we got some company at one point.

[Image: 3AC71C09CE0FEAAE933639D9F930AE806EDDA2B4]

12-11-2011, 05:39 PM
LMAO X'D I LOVE that screenshot. Simply artistic.

I guessed that they were aimed at multiplayer, But I'm rather determined to beat them on my solo play character.

Gabby: Why'd you make a Hardcore Mode character? That's not needed for the hard bosses etc. They're unlocked when you travel to the underworld, throw a Guide Voodoo Doll in the lava there and beat the Wall of Flesh (WoF) at which point Hallowed appears, Corruption spreads past Sunflowers, Sand, Rock and underground and loads of harder enemies show up.
Hardcore mode is evil and I can't play it without Panic Attacks. I only use Medium Core for CtG.