Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have become a nerd
03-21-2017, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 01:59 AM by durdur.)
I have become a nerd
Before, I couldn't really call myself a nerd, because I never took on any large projects just for the hell of it.

At first, I was just doing find/replace to see what I could edit.

Then I was mapping a thousand unique IDs to their items.

Several hours of sweat and toil later, I've made a fully functioning save editing tool for Exanima that allows you to modify your inventory, and alter your character's height.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2017, 04:14 PM
RE: I have become a nerd
I should mention that the initial edits were in HxD. (Base16)
In order to automate things, cmd had to be able to read it, so I had to make MS's certutil.exe encode it like a security certificate so it was Base64. After doing some conversions, I made it swap stuff before decoding back to Base16.

Problem is, Base64 has 24bit byte length instead of 8, meaning the position of the data in Base16 can turn it into THREE DIFFERENT STRINGS in Base64.

Forever vigilent.
04-10-2017, 12:10 AM
RE: I have become a nerd
With the release of a tool that can somewhat open the rpk archives for Exanima, I was able to convert all humans into different bosses, as well as skeletons. The modding community is still stagnant, but I've done pretty much all I can with it at this point.

Forever vigilent.