Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tracks
02-05-2017, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 03:58 AM by durdur.)
New tracks
Negative
Positive
NegativePlus

Negative is a very loop-heavy industrial track I composed after beating Super Meat Boy in both the Light and Dark worlds.

Positive is another ambient tune created from Negative.

NegativePlus is what I'd call the finished product. I found the piece it needed, and now it's not nearly as boring. Props to anyone who can fit some lyrics to the new instrument.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: New tracks
Well, the "positive" track is a bit creepy--I certainly wouldn't describe it as positive, but it is different, and pretty interesting to listen to.

As for the "negative" track, it sounds good, but I could have sworn I had heard it before, a million times on the ps1. There really isn't enough that sets it apart imo.

Anyways, how have you been? Been a while since anyone posted here now.

I play too many games at once.
02-05-2017, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 02:22 AM by Gnamra.)
Perhaps you could toss them up on soundcloud next time? Smile

Could you tell me more about what you used to create them? Is all of it made using vsts or is some of it sampled?

I got some James Bond vibes from Negative.

I wouldn't describe Positive as positive either... to me it is really ethereal, with a hint of creepiness, and the snare drums are making me think of marching soldiers.
I'm getting an impending battle on an ethereal or magical plane kind of vibe, perhaps facing something unknown which makes it a bit creepy.
02-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Forgot I posted these. I got distracted.

First off, still job-hunting.
Second, I know that Negative is bland. I had a tune in my head, and didn't really like where it was going, so I stopped trying to develope it. Positive was a pun.
Positive is a shorter version of Negative that was reversed, distorted, and slightly slowed down while simultaniously raising the pitch. Unlike Negative, it has a brighter sound to it.
Third; I'm never going to use Soundcloud. Like, ever.

Lastly, I whipped this together using the same tools I always use:
Audacity
Mario Paint Composer, although using the MarioPaintRealistic2.0 soundfont.

It's basically a MIDI sequencer, but more fun.

Forever vigilent.
02-11-2017, 03:59 AM
OP updated with finished version of Negative. I wasn't going to mess with it, but a little Dwarf Fortress put me back in the mood to be creative.

Forever vigilent.