Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you want most for Alpha 39?
11-09-2011, 10:29 AM
What do you want most for Alpha 39?
Working on inventory/crafting, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2011, 03:29 PM
RE: What do you want most for Alpha 39?
Someone else, I believe Mantalayer, suggested some sort of sprinting integration. I agree with this, it's always useful in games to get a little boost of speed.
11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
An actual opening screen, with a "New World" "Load World" and "Options" sections (maybe including a "Frozen Time" option so the sun doesn't move unless you change it maually?)

This would make flexing the creative muscles much easier Big Grin

Also would make video making a lot easier too, I find it difficult timing with the loading screen as it is currently.

I think it would also make people take it more seriously Big Grin

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I'd like to see torch lighting change to produce an orange glow and some particle effects. I'd also like to see improvements on the cave generation. Making the caves run deeper and go farther would be awesome.

--Brennan Anderson
http://brennananderson.com
http://badassmusicproductions.com
My Gear: A Mac, a PC, and a LOT of music software. I also play real instruments.
11-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Ways to regenerate grass and trees, wood as a building material, cubed sand and dirt, peaceful mode (like Minecraft's), mining under water, improved water physics (That's probably a given), "inland" sections of maps (There is way too much sand and stone and not enough dirt and grass), "morning" and "evening" skies (for ambiance), more terrain items (flowers, grass), more types of trees (Because pine trees do not grow on beaches), a crosshair, selecting materials with the mouse wheel instead of number keys which are mostly out-of-reach, crouching to prevent falling off high surfaces, moving the respawn key (I keep hitting it by accident), and a sword.

All my other suggestions could probably wait until later...
11-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote: "inland" sections of maps (There is way too much sand and stone and not enough dirt and grass)

Biomes. Beach with sand and palm trees and fewer hills, and Inland with pine trees. Palm trees should drop coconuts which could be an ingredient for bombs (because of the shape). Or they could just drop bombs!

--Brennan Anderson
http://brennananderson.com
http://badassmusicproductions.com
My Gear: A Mac, a PC, and a LOT of music software. I also play real instruments.
11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Even though I can't get the game because of paypal, I would like to see cliffs in the game! In minecraft high cliffs were one of my favorite places to build. I would love to see a grappling hook because as you have high heights you must have a way to get up there! I would love to see some ladders too or some rope ladder because wood ladders are so mincraft.
I would like to pay the game some other way than paypal as I don't trust/like paypal.
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Other friendlies. Honestly, I wouldn't mind being able to have other dorfs spawn if I build a structure, or meet certain requirements.

-Z-
Just your average everyday Dorf.
11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
(11-09-2011 08:21 PM)Mantalayer Wrote:  
Quote: "inland" sections of maps (There is way too much sand and stone and not enough dirt and grass)

Biomes. Beach with sand and palm trees and fewer hills, and Inland with pine trees. Palm trees should drop coconuts which could be an ingredient for bombs (because of the shape). Or they could just drop bombs!

They could also drop palm leaves which could be used to build with.

I'd like to see reeds added as well, these could be used to make paper, baskets for carrying water and other goods in (Player-made shops with reed baskets and clay pots would be neat) and a reed flute.

Please don't randomly turn reeds into sugar cane, they aren't remotely the same thing and you cannot craft paper from sugar cane.

In Minecraft, swords break, but what if metal swords just dulled? How about one of those spinny-wheels that you use to sharpen swords and axes with to repair them?

I think it would be a great idea to add giant spiders in the game, ones that can be tamed and ridden up walls to increase speed. Dorfs are already small, and why bother and dogs and cats when you can have a cuddly venomous 8-legged companion?
11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I believe place-able bombs that don't roll would be good to essentially test explosions under certain conditions to see if there any bug with them.

[Image: Untitled-1-2.png]