Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PC]Exanima / Sui Generis
10-14-2016, 12:19 AM
[PC]Exanima / Sui Generis
Exanima is basically a prologue. It is set 20 years before Sui Generis.

Exanima: If you've ever played Diablo 1 or 2 (screw 3), this is that PLUS physics and dynamic animations. If you sprint over a pile of chairs, or get smacked by a 10ft demon, your dumb face will eat stone floor. Expect to die.

A lot.

Explore the dungeon as you uncover the mysteries of what happened there. Be aware that even attacking/blocking/parrying uses physics, so a poorly timed swing will look awkward while also being pathetic in terms of damage. Late game gear includes weapons with slots for odd crystals, and the ability to learn various forms of thermaturgy. (Read: oddly crafted magic)

Or you can just put a bucket/barrel/chair/ladder on your guy and become neigh immortal.

Also featured is an arena mode, where you can fight to gain fame, gold for better gear, and hire others to help slay in the fray.

Sui Generis is an open-world RPG that is being built on the same engine, set in the same world, that should be available as an alpha within a year or so.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2016, 09:32 AM
RE: [PC]Exanima / Sui Generis
Yeah, I'm not a huge dungeon-crawler fan, but I'm certainly going to be picking up Sui Generis once it releases! I considered backing the game when it was on Kickstarter, but there wasn't a lot of gameplay footage so I decided against backing it then. Looking at where Exanima has come, I've got a lot of confidence in the developers now ^^

I play too many games at once.
10-14-2016, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2016 12:56 PM by durdur.)
My only gripe about Exanima is that the story is as cliché as it get.

They dug too deep (Lord of the Rings)
and opened a gateway to hell. (Diablo/DOOM)
They tried to harness demonic power and failed. (DOOM)
Now, one lone person must slay the demons and close the gateway. (Diablo/DOOM again)

Forever vigilent.
10-15-2016, 12:12 AM
I made it to level 4 out of 5. I now have to deal with armored skeletons, and a large werewolf-demon-thing the developer has named "Sir."

Imagine a giant fluffy hellspawn that can smack you across the room, before hammer-fisting your skull into your torso. Basically, if this mofo hits you a single time, you are probably going to die like the pathetic mortal you are.

Add Dark Souls to the list of games this one resembles, because DAMN is it unforgiving.

Forever vigilent.
10-16-2016, 02:40 PM
(10-15-2016 12:12 AM)durdur Wrote:  I made it to level 4 out of 5. I now have to deal with armored skeletons, and a large werewolf-demon-thing the developer has named "Sir."

Imagine a giant fluffy hellspawn that can smack you across the room, before hammer-fisting your skull into your torso. Basically, if this mofo hits you a single time, you are probably going to die like the pathetic mortal you are.

Add Dark Souls to the list of games this one resembles, because DAMN is it unforgiving.

I've watched gameplay of Exanima, and if you find all the best armor, you can easily take a few hits from the Sir before dying. Two or three good swings from the one of the two handed weapons the skeletons are carrying around is enough to kill it.

I play too many games at once.