Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PC] Cortex Command
11-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Thumbs Up [PC] Cortex Command
Preface: I've been playing a LOT of PC games because my f***ing brother stole my Xbox One and sold it to buy heroin. 'Nuff said. (Blood-pressure critical)

CORTEX COMMAND
Imagine if Worms and Civilization had a baby, and the baby fell into radioactive waste. Cortex Command centers around a future gold mining operation in a distant world. Besides the trade station in orbit, the surface is fair game.

Your disembodied brain(s) sit in a jar while they remotely control clones/robots/vehicles, protecting their miner in a 2D environment from other prospecting factions. Call in support drops using your gold to get more soldiers, guns, and bombs.

Once you have a base, head out toward other places and try to take control of other gold mines. Either set a charge on the door, dive through a sniper nest with the jetpack, or rock an M60 through the front gate.

The game has fun ragdoll physics, fully destructable terrain, and "dead" people/vehicles actually become part of the terrain. Also has subsystem damage, so feel free to rpg the thruster off a dropship, or the legs off your enemy. (Loss of limb causes bleeding, which usually stops after you lose 20% health from it.)

The objective is to destroy the enemy brains, although the game has many modes, as well as mods. Example: Calling in a UNSC Pelican and sending Sgt. Johnson to wipe out a fortress full of HL2 Combine with a timed pocket-nuke. Amazing how a few grenades of corrosive gas in an ODST pod can clean off a landing pad.

You can expect the carrying craft to crash if you overload it with equipment.
(Alternatively, load it with explosives and crash ON PURPOSE.) All-in-all good game, and certainly worth $20 on Steam. Or pirate. You monster.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: [PC] Cortex Command
I didn't expect that heroin intro after reading the title. On the side note, don't be angry if I won't donate to your next kickstarter.

As for the CC it seems fun at first, but the version I was playing was horribly wonky. There was fun in building and blasting things but as for actual campaing mechanics for the game were and as far as I know, still are unfair toward player. Computer has no problem in controling all his units AT ONCE, with precision and different, elastic tasks where human player is limited to crude control over his group... aaand I have found myself clicking, giving orders, making paths for my soldiers while CPU had allready everything figured out and pushing his charge.

I am more interested in new game of DataRealms, the one with funny vehicles on the asteroid : P
11-21-2015, 03:00 PM
(11-20-2015 04:42 PM)ZiggyPox Wrote:  I didn't expect that heroin intro after reading the title. On the side note, don't be angry if I won't donate to your next kickstarter.

You make it sound like I'm the one using! (We DON'T support him. Thief.)

Anyways, to really get into CC, you have to understand your modes.
If you use "squad mode" and select a group, you only need to control 1 of them to move the whole group.
Alternatively, set them to "brain-hunt mode," and just let them go storm the place.

To get a better feel for it, ignore campaign, select "scenarios," and try out Dummy Assault.

Forever vigilent.
11-22-2015, 03:16 PM
I know you aren't using it, but I don't see why he wouldn't, for example, sell your brand new computer that was used for rendering or smth. Didn't wanted to sound like a dick, stay strong!

About CC then yes, scenarios are fun but as I said, even in squad mode and brain-hunt CPU has upper hand in how quickly it chan change its decisions T_T