Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned?
10-12-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Abandoned?
(10-12-2015 12:33 AM)iAreNubcake Wrote:  Could be in theory, but unlikely. He's been busy with other stuff in life, and he kinda lost steam for the game. Can't really blame him.

*sigh*, whatever. Well, while we wait for the game's second (or third) coming, I guess I'll just keep working with my brother doing odd-jobs. Hauling wood, painting houses, and occasionally installing security systems.

Made $350 in the past week, expecting $50 more today.

Xbox One, here I come.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Reporting for duty!

Seriously though, it is kinda sad to see the forum like this. Hopefully Aaron's life will stabilise, and he can keep working on Uberdark.

I play Lords of Uberdark
10-13-2015, 09:24 AM
I hate to say it, but honestly I feel like at this point he needs to give rights to the game to someone else so at least someone can develop it. I don't blame him for having a life, but it seems next to impossible for the game to come back from this if something doesn't change significantly very soon.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2015, 03:45 PM
The rights to the game isn't really a lot. I feel like something should be done to get the game moving forwards, but to be honest at this point I feel like I've waited for an eternity, and I could just as easily wait another. At some point Aaron is going to have time to resume development, and whether that be next year or in 5 years time, that's fine by me. I realize some people might feel a bit disappointed that they paid for something that they haven't gotten yet, but I'm fine with it. It's been great to be a part of the forum here, and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

I feel like the game could defintently benefit from going opensource, and asking other people for help, though at this point I'm content.

I play too many games at once.
10-13-2015, 08:05 PM
(10-13-2015 03:45 PM)Weridoguy Wrote:  The rights to the game isn't really a lot. I feel like something should be done to get the game moving forwards, but to be honest at this point I feel like I've waited for an eternity, and I could just as easily wait another. At some point Aaron is going to have time to resume development, and whether that be next year or in 5 years time, that's fine by me. I realize some people might feel a bit disappointed that they paid for something that they haven't gotten yet, but I'm fine with it. It's been great to be a part of the forum here, and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

I feel like the game could defintently benefit from going opensource, and asking other people for help, though at this point I'm content.

Well said.

Forever vigilent.
10-14-2015, 09:28 AM
I don't think that I didn't get my money's worth or anything like that, nor am I particularly frustrated with the way things are going. I can keep waiting without any problem, but the issue I see is for the game itself. It's already pretty much dead, and soon it is going to be forgotten entirely unless someone picks it up soon. Assuming it hasn't been forgotten already, that is.

I like the direction Aaron has been going with things, but Aaron has shown that he doesn't have the time to develop it. I don't blame him for that, but the game is never going to be completed that way.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user