Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokémon Go + Neurology
09-18-2015, 06:10 AM
RE: Poké-economy Boom
I'm guessing you're just going to be looking on your phone through it's camera, and that the battles are going to be just like playing pokemon on your phone. Really to get what's shown in the video people would have to walk around with an occulus rift, and motion tracking equipment.

I play too many games at once.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Yeah, and the motion tracking we have is pretty constrained right now - gotta set up the environment. Somebody just needs to develop a decent relational motion tracking system so it's not dependant on camera-like sensors.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
As soon as we get hologram projectors, we just need an array of them to start our own arena.

Forever vigilent.
09-18-2015, 04:32 PM
Pfft, screw that. We'll just 3D Print actual Pokemon with our high-tech 3D Printers.

09-18-2015, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015 05:44 PM by Weridoguy.)
We DO have motion tracking equipment that doesn't require cameras. Expensive, clunky sensors you attach to your body...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/166...escription

09-18-2015, 08:49 PM
(09-18-2015 05:43 PM)Weridoguy Wrote:  We DO have motion tracking equipment that doesn't require cameras. Expensive, clunky sensors you attach to your body...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/166...escription

How would putting mo-cap hardware on help us to see a Pokémon battle in a 3D environment? If we're just tossing ideas then, why not just genetically engineer Pokémon from existing animals?
(HINT: People die)

Forever vigilent.
09-19-2015, 12:42 AM
I was referring to the whole "throwing a pokeball" thing. Could also apply to using items. It was a small part of the whole experience. Tongue

You could potentially throw your pokemon too I suppose :3

09-19-2015, 10:51 AM
I was thinking the same in regards to throwing. They showcased some "optional" wrist-band thing for pokemon-go though. Might be that it's a accelerometer, so it can sense if you try to "throw"?

09-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Maybe. I haven't actually seen it because I dunno. Big Grin

Still, having a truly great VR/AR experience is going to be fantastic once we actually manage to.

09-19-2015, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 12:41 PM by Weridoguy.)
With the incredibly fast development of neuro-technology, I feel like we may be seeing something akin to the nerve-gear from SAO, though I find it more likely that something like that would require an implant. It would likely be incredibly expensive, but it's potential is huge.

Sever the neural system from the body, and plug them into a computer whenever you're doing VR. It's possible an implant could send impulses to your muscles to prevent muscle loss as well.
Edit: Would probably be insanely expensive, though. I'm just saying it could be *possible* pretty soon, if technology keeps advancing at the pace it currently is.