Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alpha V.38 Releasing Later Tonight!
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Alpha V.38 Releasing Later Tonight!
Hi Everybody!

Planning to post alpha 38 tonight, but in the meantime, here's a little bit of news about what's been going on. Cody got the Sawbench and Level 1 Furnace all modeled up -- they're both in-game now, look awesome, and should get even awesomer once particle and other effects are added. They won't actually do anything, however, until the inventory system is all flushed out. In the meantime, Adam came up with a great design for the T-Shirts, and those are off at the printer -- while Brennan has been working on a new Underground theme.

Programming-wise, the big change is a rewrite of the object system -- which was needed going forward, but doesn't really change the gameplay much (except for breaking a few things). From a gameplay-standpoint, the things to look forward to are better terrain collisions, cave generation, and 3D models for in-hand weapons...

And bombs... =D

Here's the Changelog for alpha 38 (again, later tonight)

Broke player-object collisions
Added screen shake effect
Added bombs
Added sawbench
Added furnace
Added new title logo
Added cave generation
Added in-hand item rendering and basic animations
Added item type system
Improved object handling code
Improved collision detection/resolution
Improved map export/import to account for fluids
Fixed problem of plopping torch/spikes through walls
Fixed bug that could've caused all sorts of bad behavior
Fixed line rendering bug with certain models
Fixed scaling of Zombi
Fixed spinning tree bug
Fixed blue outline bug
Fixed sound bug

[Image: image-73966-full.jpg?1320689952]

[Image: image-73967-full.jpg?1320689961]

[Image: Untitled-1-2.png]
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
RE: Alpha V.38 Releasing Later Tonight!
No pre-release this time ;-( I am disappoint... lol

But excited Big Grin

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh, I can't wait, this'll be such an interesting improvement. So now we can craft things? What about an inventory? Or are the models just in the game now? That's cool, too. Now maybe I can get more people interested.
11-07-2011, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 07:14 PM by PlzBanMe.)
I still hate paypal! Sales won't go up untill something other than paypal is an options to use.
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
oh, oh, ooooh. And today I was thinking like "well, new update for Uberdark would be nice..." and POW.

Sometimes I'm getting litte impatient but imo it's not so bad if it takes so much time to release new version at the beginning (that's why I'm not nagging on the forum ^^''). At this moment rewriting something in code isn't so painful like it would be, lets say, in next 4 months of development Tongue.
11-07-2011, 08:25 PM
It's out guys ^_^

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Guys, I expect a flood of videos and new pictures of creations.
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
(11-07-2011 07:14 PM)PlzBanMe Wrote:  I still hate paypal! Sales won't go up untill something other than paypal is an options to use.

Dude, I'm pretty sure they'll get a good amount of sales. I'm not saying I know it won't affect sales or not, but I am saying I don't think it makes THAT big of a difference. In any case, this is exciting, another new update! Seriously, the updates in this game are rolling out so fast, it's amazing!
11-08-2011, 02:20 PM
(11-08-2011 10:03 AM)repapermunky Wrote:  
(11-07-2011 07:14 PM)PlzBanMe Wrote:  I still hate paypal! Sales won't go up untill something other than paypal is an options to use.

Dude, I'm pretty sure they'll get a good amount of sales. I'm not saying I know it won't affect sales or not, but I am saying I don't think it makes THAT big of a difference. In any case, this is exciting, another new update! Seriously, the updates in this game are rolling out so fast, it's amazing!

It would be nice to have an option besides Paypal anyway, some people don't trust it. It has a history of fraud issues.
11-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Damn my account is inactive? I sent a reply to Aaron about it but any of you guys know how to fix it I'll be glad for the help.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]
Thread Closed