11 minute day; 9 minute night
12 minute day; 8 minute night
16 minute day; 8 minute night
TOO MANY CHOICES!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Day and Night Cycle Length
10-19-2011, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 01:20 AM by Mantalayer.)
Day and Night Cycle Length
I wanted to post a poll to see what y'all think the day and night cycle lengths should be. Aaron mentioned that he might make that an option at some point, but I wanted to get everybody's input for the default length. I could only do ten, so I couldn't get most of the combinations. Sorry 'bout that.

--Brennan Anderson
http://brennananderson.com
http://badassmusicproductions.com
My Gear: A Mac, a PC, and a LOT of music software. I also play real instruments.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2011, 04:06 AM
RE: Day and Night Cycle Length
Nice set of choices, though you need to add a space to the 8 minute day one.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
10-19-2011, 08:20 AM
^ this

Also;
It's really hard to judge this yet at this stage. You don't have a true feeling of how long you NEED it to be, or what you'll need to do in that time..

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
10-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Well, I don't feel like making another poll. And I also agree with Sabo. Maybe it is a little too early. It will be interesting to figure out when he adds more stuff and starts balancing the game. Zombies are nerfed right now, so its pretty easy to hold off huge waves of them with spikes.

--Brennan Anderson
http://brennananderson.com
http://badassmusicproductions.com
My Gear: A Mac, a PC, and a LOT of music software. I also play real instruments.
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Well the way I see it, this will at least get a view on whether the day/night cycle should be an even 1:1 ratio or if it should be unbalanced...

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Haha Unbalanced!
Anyways i like the idea of adding a poll on what people want, but it is a bit too early to judge... Depends on what you'll use day and night for... I'm guessing if NPC's drop some sort of item the night could be used for things like zombi farming.

I'm young, I'm single, I'm ready to mingle.
[Image: jrUch.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-19-2011, 03:33 PM
More day and less night would be appreciated, more time building/exploring and less time fighting zombies with crap weapons.

If only we had a sword... >_>
10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
I would say I would prefer more night, but we need to stop zombi's eating houses, perhaps where torches are, they cannot spawn? I already have a moat of spikes around my house, but they still get in and drive me insane, or we could get an option to just stop them spawning all together and choose to re-add them when we want? Good idea though, I voted for the 7th one.
10-22-2011, 12:44 PM
"perhaps where torches are, they cannot spawn?"

You know if he does that, the minecraft fanboys will be up in arms yelling "rip-off!".. It's what they do lol.

Seasons Wink
The day/night ratio changes with seasons, with special events on the equinoxes and soltices Big Grin

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
(10-22-2011 12:44 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  "perhaps where torches are, they cannot spawn?"

You know if he does that, the minecraft fanboys will be up in arms yelling "rip-off!".. It's what they do lol.

Seasons Wink
The day/night ratio changes with seasons, with special events on the equinoxes and soltices Big Grin

Agreement with the second part, I like moon cycles, but the first part...

Speaking as a minecraft fangirl, I think Minecraft started something totally cool and don't have a problem with a game that is already different in many ways and has a different direction taking elements from Minecraft.

Peaceful mode is a good idea though, perhaps night could be longer than day on certain days, would it be easy to have dynamically changing seasons? I guess having textures be grayscaled and fade colors based on the game's clock wouldn't be difficult but that combined with events might skyrocket the processing power needed to run the game...