Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress-O-Meter Alpha 0.52
05-21-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: The New And Improved Progress-O-Meter
No worries, I slept in a bit late too, as in I didn't wake up until I was supposed to have already left for work. '-' Still got here on time though Big Grin

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2015, 05:53 PM
The hype is returning.
Soon...

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
05-22-2015, 06:08 AM
Up and working at 5 today
05-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Hmm, I think I'll have time this weekend to put together an overview video of the changes in the most recent update. Smile

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
05-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Was there a purpose for those graphic engine demonstrations between the 43 and 51 versions. Detail have improved little, but there is much overlapping and dirt doesn't connect to next block like 43 versions. Or was they just testing could now days computer handle that much pixels or voxels Smile

Improvements - You could do slower phase clouds and variety to colors that you could forecast from them Smile Or atleast get the feeling for forecasting. Would enhance the feeling of gameworld.

And maybe natural spawning monsters, as wave monster do get lost and then waves just stops...

If you can get the 43 version playability back to this version, then great! Smile
05-23-2015, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2015 09:11 AM by aaron.)
Up and working since 7 today. Jupelius -- the versions between 43 and 51 were me finding the "right" way to build this game. Think eventually voxel games will have higher detail than 51 -- but that detail introduces a lot of problems, for example just generating the terrain takes much, much longer.

Have natural monster spawning in, but disabled for now -- and planning to reduce the overlap so it's easier to dig.

What's the biggest thing missing, playability-wise, in your opinion?
05-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I think Jupelius was reffering to how in earlier versions the voxels connected smoothly in a meta-ball like fashion--something I'm also missing quite a bit.

In my opinion I find it to be quite difficult to build or mine anything useful, and crafting is boring.

I play too many games at once.
05-23-2015, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2015 06:12 PM by ZiggyPox.)
I would like one extra axis of object rotation plz.

Aaaaand maybe bombs wouldn't anihilate resources while digging holes.

Btw there is a nice bug while crafting: when you "pull" objects from crafting window and drop it right into the world then crafting doesn't consume any materials.

edit: found slime for the first time on the map, managed to burry myself under it. Creepy as f***, had lot of fun.
edit2: ok, first I burried myself digging close to a slime pit and then breaching slime to flow over me. Now I have filled whole map using one piece of slime, it just multiplies ad infinity. This thing is a hellspawn.
05-24-2015, 05:38 AM
Up and working at 4 today -- mouse sensitivity and inversion are in and fixed a few problems that I'd seen (barley would sometimes be replaced with stone, leading to floating stone -- swaying would sometimes become synchronized).

Ziggy, have removal of spent fluid turned off currently (so it multiplies instead of conserving). Which extra axis of rotation would you like? Any preference as to how it should work? Was thinking I could make it so if you hold both mouse buttons while plopping, it allows you to move the block (instead of rotating the camera) -- maybe shift while in that mode would make the mouse control pitch and yaw of the block?

As for the resource annihilation with bombs -- the problem is how closely packed the blocks are... A single bomb destroys about 1300 blocks... Once the packing is loosened, it should be easier to spawn the item particles.

The crafting thing is definitely a bug...
05-24-2015, 06:05 PM
(05-24-2015 05:38 AM)aaron Wrote:  Was thinking I could make it so if you hold both mouse buttons while plopping, it allows you to move the block (instead of rotating the camera)

maybe not both mouse buttons, but some other button
I like this idea
Thread Closed