Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress-O-Meter Alpha 0.52
05-19-2015, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 05:37 AM by aaron.)
Progress-O-Meter Alpha 0.52
Hi again, everybody -- the whole Progress-O-Meter thread really helped in getting the last version whipped into shape, and would like to repeat it again for Alpha 0.52... So every morning, will post a little something here about what I'm working on by 8:30 EST -- if I don't, please rip into me for being lazy!

Will plan on putting Alpha 0.52 out on May 31st, no matter how much or how little I get done.

Right now, the list of things to do looks like...
  • Fix crash related to Pick World (done)
  • Sound
  • Mouse Inversion Option
  • Mouse Sensitivity Option
  • Stone Hatchet Item
  • Clay Pipe Item to move fluids
  • Build Count text box
  • Loosen Terrain Packing

The "Loosen Terrain Packing" will be pretty involved, but should make digging easier and allow the game to run faster... Any other requests?
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2015, 02:15 PM
RE: The New And Improved Progress-O-Meter
As I said on the 0.51 comments thread, I would like to see the return of the feature in older versions in uberdark where I believe you could hold ctrl, and you would place blocks on a flat plane in front of you, and perhaps being able to choose angle snapping, and grid placement etc.

Other than that I think the sky is a bit boring, with it just being a solid color. Would be nice to have it be a dark blue at the top and almost white at the horizon.

I play too many games at once.
05-19-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm really happy to hear that progress will continue to move forward like it has been recently. Smile I think an update every two weeks to a month isn't too unreasonable, and gives you plenty of time to actually get a few things done. Keep it up!

As for requests, the various build requests I've seen are good, but I'd also like to see a small radius for digging with certain tools, and perhaps a shovel? Better for dirt, worse for stone, etc. Possibly you use a shovel for small AoE dirt clearing or hold a button to do single chunks? Same could go for pickaxe, too. Small AoE (just like 2-3 chunks across) would be nice. :o

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Up and working on audio since 5 today
05-20-2015, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 06:48 AM by Weridoguy.)
Whooo!!! Sounds!!!

Edit: Just sound effects or is there going to be music? Also, you going to add a day/night cycle anytime soon?

05-20-2015, 07:59 AM
(05-20-2015 06:42 AM)Weridoguy Wrote:  Whooo!!! Sounds!!!

Edit: Just sound effects or is there going to be music? Also, you going to add a day/night cycle anytime soon?
Seems like he'd probably use the music from earlier builds.
No need to reinvent the wheel, here.

Forever vigilent.
05-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Well, instead of reinventing the wheel he could invent the propeller Wink

05-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Even just music would be nice. Total silence is very ominous :o Sound effects would definitely be cool too, though.

Also, another suggestion - in game options? Config file is workable, but being able to change options while in-game would be very nice , as has been brought up before.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
05-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Like Weridoguy and Josh said: snapping to a grid while holding a key and radius digging would be great
05-21-2015, 07:21 AM
Schedule is a little off, but will be putting in a few hours at some point today
Thread Closed