05-19-2015, 12:27 AM
RE: Uberdark Alpha 0.51 Comments
Wow, ZiggyPox... just wow. That's amazing o.o

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2015, 02:23 AM
I can't put my finger on it, but it looks like a location I've seen in Oblivion/Skyrim.
Either way, Fort Noobspire needs more work before I can compare it.
Fortresses take time ya know, especially with slow mining and crafting.

Features needed for 0.52
Audio, stack crafting, and a method to collect slime. (Indestructible currently.)

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
05-19-2015, 03:39 AM
Ziggy, how many hours did you use to make that?

I play too many games at once.
05-19-2015, 03:54 AM
Ziggy. Awesome build.
05-19-2015, 03:56 AM
Kusarigama. Awesome name (again).

05-19-2015, 09:24 AM
oh hai dere

05-19-2015, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 01:38 PM by aaron.)
Very nice, Ziggy -- digging goes a lot quicker with bombs... Fixed the crash related to the world picker this morning (threading problem -- was trying to delete terrain as it was still being generated)...

Durdur...

As for stack crafting... Had thought about making item building faster by putting a "Build One" button under each type of item (so you don't have to drag and drop) -- or maybe a "x1" and "x5" button under each... Do you think that would improve it?

As for spiders still spawning when waves are disabled -- will look into it, but it could've been one got stuck behind a tree or something.

As for block snapping -- had done that originally, but didn't like it because it interfered with building arches and such. Maybe with a few tweaks to the tolerance though...

Kusarigama...

Will add inversion and sensitivity to the setup.txt file for next time (its in the data directory, btw)

PS -- How many waves have you folks gotten through? Any comments on how combat feels? The AI is still a little dumb, but other than that?
05-19-2015, 01:47 PM
I have gotten through 13 waves. I think blocking is a bit useless, but other than that the combat feels amazing. LOUD > Skyrim. Like seriously. In skyrim the combat doesn't feel weighty at all, it feels like your a terribly unexperienced brute randomly slashing at his opponent, and yet there's no resistance when you hit your opponent. Enough about Skyrim.

In regards to item building, I think having a x1 and x5 button would certainly be a huge improvement, but I'd rather see you able to type the exact amount you want.

I would like to see the return of the feature in older versions in uberdark where I believe you could hold ctrl, and you would place blocks on a flat plane in front of you, and perhaps being able to choose angle snapping, and grid placement etc.

05-19-2015, 03:48 PM
It took me like 3 hours to figure out how to do this and that XD

Ctrl+c Ctrl+v really helps in more than one way. Often I did build a piece that was interesting for me, far away from the fort, copy it and then place it in the fort. It allows for better overlapping of objects like this big stone floor or walls, and helps to place otherwise hard to place pieces because of sharp angles and narrow space.

But Ctrl+c area is quite big, few times I tried to copy only smal piece of stairs and then paste it in my fort to find out huge wall behind me, hovering in air.

What would be great, and on the level of epic great for me personally, would be something like sub-world for projecting these things. Imagine Kerbal Space Program hangar where you can project your stairwells, walls and towers to place them in sims-like building menu and then place them in the map! That would be aaaaawsome.
05-19-2015, 06:54 PM
@Aaron,
1x/5x craft buttons would help immensely. (Optionally, just make it click-to-craft instead of drag)
As for snapping, I didn't mean all the time. Preferably, it'd only snap if you held down a key; perhaps E?

Also on the to-do list: Options menu!

Forever vigilent.