Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey everybody!
10-02-2011, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 10:49 PM by Squanto.)
Hey everybody!
I am semi-decent at photoshop and am attempting to learn to code. I like many games, but HATE call of duty. I also don't think halo is that great. Battlefield 1942 is best battlefield (until BF3 comes out, then we see if it deserves the name). Strategies are also good, and RPG's are nice too. Played WoW from Vanilla to LK, then stopped because of noobs, jumped around a bit to EVE for a year, Star Trek Online (which I have a lifetime sub for), Global Agenda (which I didn't find very good), and some free to play ones I found. Landed back in WoW: Cata, but on a diff account because mine got hacked and I'm too lazy to mail papers to unlock it. I think many new game sequels just aren't as fun as the old ones. MGS3, Ratchet and Clank (1-3), and Shadow of the Colossus are probably my favorite games, followed by Dwarf Fortress, Midnight Club 3, Assasins Creed 2 + brotherhood (never played the first one). Have 360 without Live. Want psp vita very much. Also waiting for Stronghold 3, Monster Hunter Portable 3 in U.S.(if that ever happens), Elder Scrolls V, MGS rising, and maybe SWTOR(I need to look up about that first)

Oh yea, and I learned about LoUd by some thread I saw in Bay12 forums about a long time after kickstarter closed but before paypal got set up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2011, 11:06 PM
RE: Hey everybody!
(10-02-2011 10:46 PM)Squanto Wrote:  I am semi-decent at photoshop and am attempting to learn to code. I like many games, but HATE call of duty. I also don't think halo is that great. Battlefield 1942 is best battlefield (until BF3 comes out, then we see if it deserves the name). Strategies are also good, and RPG's are nice too. Played WoW from Vanilla to LK, then stopped because of noobs, jumped around a bit to EVE for a year, Star Trek Online (which I have a lifetime sub for), Global Agenda (which I didn't find very good), and some free to play ones I found. Landed back in WoW: Cata, but on a diff account because mine got hacked and I'm too lazy to mail papers to unlock it. I think many new game sequels just aren't as fun as the old ones. MGS3, Ratchet and Clank (1-3), and Shadow of the Colossus are probably my favorite games, followed by Dwarf Fortress, Midnight Club 3, Assasins Creed 2 + brotherhood (never played the first one). Have 360 without Live. Want psp vita very much. Also waiting for Stronghold 3, Monster Hunter Portable 3 in U.S.(if that ever happens), Elder Scrolls V, MGS rising, and maybe SWTOR(I need to look up about that first)

Oh yea, and I learned about LoUd by some thread I saw in Bay12 forums about a long time after kickstarter closed but before paypal got set up.

Welcome to the forumsBig Grin What coding language you learning?

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
10-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Hey, welcome to the forums! Big Grin

I'm sure you'll love it here ^_^

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome we have a great community and awesome mods enjoy!

Why did Constantinople get the works?

That's nobody's business but the Turks'
10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
I must say, you've got an interesting avatar. Tongue Also, to reiterate a question, what're you learning to code in? Python? I saw you mention it in another post and I use Python myself, though I'm oing to be using Java for an upcoming project...

Oh yeah, welcome to le forums. :3

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Python last year, java this year in school. I still want to learn lua some time soon though, probably copy/past random gmod files and change things around. That seems to be a good way to get the hang of things.
10-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Python is cool. Java... not so much. I'm actually switching to Python/PyGame for that project. The more I look into using Java, the less I like it. :\

So if you'd be interesting in helping, feel free to mention such.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 08:32 PM by Squanto.)
Yea, I liked using python alot more than java, mostly because of those SEMICOLONS!!!!!! I HATE THEM!!!! I always forget to put them in and the console is like "y u no put ; in???"
I don't have too much free time to help with you with your project though(school, and I like my 8 hours of sleep), but thanks for offering.

EDIT: wow I am always skipping random words when I type. I blame my new keyboard. (like that's actually the problem...)