Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buying without signing up for paypal
10-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Question Buying without signing up for paypal
It would be great if i didn't have to go through all of Paypal's registry and whatnot to buy the game. That's the only thing that's prevented me from buying it so far. Why is the payment setup like that, anyways? Most games just have a link that sends you to a paypal page where you can bypass logging in and just use as a direct charge. LoUd has the wierd popup that you cant bypass logging in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2011, 09:06 PM
RE: Buying without signing up for paypal
I don't know.
I also don't know why there's still people don't have a PayPal account yet >_<

Keep in mind this is all very new and the payment page itself hasn't been up long, so it could be changed yet.

I think it's so you have an email set up to have it charged to so you can get the new updates as it goes on, other games like Project Zomboid has CD Keys and Usernames, which don't exist for LoUd yet, so if you pay one payment you couldn't get the other updates. (Or so I think... lol)

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Yea, somepeople don't like Paypal. Time on SPUF has told me that. Some kind of securiy thing. I don't fully understand though.
10-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I just don't want to sign up because my parents got a laptop charged to their account and my friend got $2000 charged to his... not exactly things I feel like dealing with.
10-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Well, they probably had their accounts hacked. Not saying that it was their fault mind you but why not just sign up? I've had a paypal accout for almost 3 years and nothings happened to me yet. And I buy a ton of things online with it. As long as you take the usual precaution when dealing with your money, it shouldn't be that much of a hassle.
10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah I've been using it for years with no problems also Undecided

Strong password is the best thing lol.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
The system is kinda convoluted because it's setup so folks continue to receive updates -- not just a single download and you're done. There are third party companies (like e-junkie) that specialize in that sorta thing, but none of 'em really did everything I wanted. The system is also open to change -- so if anybody has suggestions, please feel free to voice 'em
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I think you need to get a system of authentication going... then we don't really need to go through anywhere else once they're registered with the initial cost.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
10-12-2011, 02:41 AM
I use Paypal out of necessity but identity theft can happen to anyone, at any time. PayPal is pretty bad with their security, I can understand why people are afraid to use it.

I mostly have to use it because my bank blocked Steam from making charges to my debit card. >_>

Ever consider selling the game on Steam later?
10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
im shure that at some point there will be other options. when i got minecarft it was paypal only but now it that and allot of other methods, so im shure the same will happen here, but not for a while.