Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Update September 2, 2014
sigh...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 01:40 PM
(09-03-2014 12:46 AM)Electrk Wrote:  sigh...

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 03:31 PM by Gnamra.)
Even though you're disappointed with the weekly updates, writing "sigh..." isn't going to help. If anything it'll only demotivate Aaron.
He's not showing the artwork because he's not satisfied with it, which is why he's working on it.

I too find the updates lacking, but expressing your dissatisfaction with them in such a manner a isn't constructive in the slightest.
I find this kind of behaviour especially bad when coming from an administrator or a forum mod. I understand that the current situation
has made it hard to stay motivated, but as an administrator or mod you are not supposed to encourage this type of behaviour.

From Aarons perspective he's being forced to work on a project he may or may not have lost interest in, or maybe his current situation has
made it hard for him to focus on the game. Doesn't matter which, coming back to a forum where the only replies are "sigh..." will only worsen it, as I have already stated.

I'm not trying to justify his lacking updates, because they could obviously be much better.
Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, I'm not really angry just mildly irritated.
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 04:57 PM by durdur.)
I reserve the right to post *sigh*, seeing as I did pay for a copy of a game that now looks like it may never actually reach fruition in a reasonable amount of time.

I liken this situation to "pre-ordering" a new car. We've funded development of this new "car," and the manufacturer ended up scrapping the "car" in favor of a better running "engine."

While a sigh probably isn't what Aaron needs right now, I'd say it's fairly reasonable to expect this after he received funding for $22,000, and no longer has ANYTHING to show for it! (buggy terrain maker withstanding)

Forever vigilent.
09-03-2014, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 06:39 PM by Gnamra.)
(09-03-2014 04:55 PM)durdur Wrote:  I reserve the right to post *sigh*, seeing as I did pay for a copy of a game that now looks like it may never actually reach fruition in a reasonable amount of time.
Well, I'm not stopping you am I? And when you do post "sigh" I reserve the right to point out how utterly pointless and most likely detrimental it is to this forum and the game. I paid for a copy of this game too and a lords of uberdark t-shirt.

(09-03-2014 04:55 PM)durdur Wrote:  I liken this situation to "pre-ordering" a new car. We've funded development of this new "car," and the manufacturer ended up scrapping the "car" in favor of a better running "engine."
Well that's the nature of kickstarters, no one is going to pity you when you kickstart a game that doesn't get finished.

(09-03-2014 04:55 PM)durdur Wrote:  While a sigh probably isn't what Aaron needs right now, I'd say it's fairly reasonable to expect this after he received funding for $22,000, and no longer has ANYTHING to show for it! (buggy terrain maker withstanding)
Sighing at him and potentially demotivating him is surely going to help. But if it makes you feel better then be my guest.

I'm just saying, there's better ways of handling it than that. Express your concerns and if things don't change and you get fed up, then why not just leave instead of spreading negativity?
09-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Can't wait to see it ; ) Good luck!