Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO OR DIE
08-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Exclamation DO OR DIE
All right. Enough is enough.

It isn't right for this game to be making so little progress. The idea is sound, but Aaron needs to get a team together to make this happen.

1. Forum is dead - the only people making new threads are myself and Aaron B.
The time between these new threads averages a week at best.

2. Slow Development - as I said, one lone guy isn't going to cut it if this game is ever going to be finished.

3. Advertising - no-one finds out about this game anymore because interest is completely gone. We need a playable version for people on YouTube to make a big deal out of.

Aaron (not nubcake), if you're reading this, WAKE UP. You're pipe-dream is being forgotten, and will NEVER be a success unless you find time to make it happen, or get someone to HELP. /rant

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: DO OR DIE
As a heads up, I've brought this to his attention a few times so far. Hasn't seemed like he was that interested thus far, but maybe that'll change at some point.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-18-2014, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 11:36 PM by Electrk.)
Yeah, the rewrite—even if it was for the better—was a huge setback in terms of playability and marketability. There needs to be a more playable version of this game to get people interested and Aaron seems to need more people to work on it with him. (Wasn't there someone helping him before? What happened?)

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying the rewrite shouldn't have happened or was a bad idea; I'm just saying that it was at the cost of gameplay.
08-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Phil was helping, but I dunno why that stopped exactly. I know he stopped right around the same time as the rewrite started, so perhaps it had something to do with that.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
08-18-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm in sleeper mode, lurking, watching...

But yes, Aaron is very secretive about gearwork behind development process but I can't blame him. As far as I remember he needs to find time not only for uberdark but also for his normal work and even if he isn't alone in development his part of code is a bottleneck of whole project. New models, mobs and textures are gimmicks right now, they need a backbone in code.

So as I see this, we can only wait.
08-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Nice to see the hidden people break the silence.
Perhaps one day this forum will see new members/activity again.

Forever vigilent.
08-20-2014, 04:40 PM
We need a shiny new version with potentially even a few gimmicks, so verbal processing etc can get people excited again

I play Lords of Uberdark