Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update July 21, 2014
07-21-2014, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 08:28 PM by aaron.)
Update July 21, 2014
All done visiting with family, and starting to get back into the swing of things uberdark-wise. Gonna try whipping up a little test this week for the new system I have in mind... Yes, reducing the resolution would improve the performance -- but it's about as low as I'd want to put it -- any lower and it starts looking like mush. There are a lot of other complexities with the current system, so hopefully this will be a step towards addressing them better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Update July 21, 2014
I recall seeing a tech demo of something that claimed to be able to simulate voxels at something like 1/1000th of an inch. It looked cool and such, but it also never went anywhere because they more or less lied about how viable the tech was at the time... xD

Granted, that was several years ago and you've using a MUCH larger size, but still. Hopefully you can figure out a good workaround for the current problems.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2014, 02:15 PM
I forgot. Why, exactly, did you abandon the old engine in favor of scratch?
Anyways, looking forward to any and all optimisations.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2014, 10:28 PM
If I recall, he just wanted to have a higher level of detail in the game that the old engine couldn't provide very well.

That, or perhaps he was just #yoloing with #swag.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user