Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hello!
04-07-2014, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 05:23 AM by WASasquatch.)
Why hello!
Hello everyone! My name is WASasquatch! I've been a developer and graphic artist for around 14 years now. I've helped bring to life Invision Power Board, MyBB, Orca, AniShack (First Website to Stream... and get sued... a lot... eventually leading to the disclosure of the API to MetaCafe and Google (youtube)), Digital Forums, and so on.

I've ran a retro gaming server off and on for several years called "Pyrexia Craft" which was pretty popular when I could afford a dedicated host for it. It hosted Minecraft, Terraria, Doom, Quake, and StarMade servers.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx4wQxNRJ2aUZgmU4Bp5J...myRGZWPx4D]

I've watched videos of Uberdark way back in 2011, and just recently rewatched them and today again, and decided to check out the website. I was surprised to see new screenshots, and activity! Definitely entices me to want to get the game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: Why hello!
Welcome to the forum!

As for the dev of the game, yeah - it's been a little slow, largely due to the fact that Aaron is working on it alone at the moment on top of having a full time job and having recently acquired a wife. Tongue Dev has picked up recently, though, which leads me to believe they're settled in now. Hopefully dev speed will continue as it has been for a while to come. Tongue

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I certainly hope I was in that watch list ;P

Welcome to the forums, that's quite a list of achievements there!

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
04-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the welcomes guys! It's sad to hear that only one developer is working on the game. Is that by choice or due to something else like custom engine?
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Combination of factors, really. He has been making his own game engine (for whatever reason), so that's definitely part of it. On top of that, he hasn't had anyone who is both competent enough and available enough to help him work on it, so until he gets the engine itself up and running, it's hard for him to get other people to work on the game. I helped with a small part of it a while back, and Jag created the infinite terrain system, but the rest of the programming has been him as far as I know.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
04-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Hey! Welcome to the forums!

(04-07-2014 09:02 AM)iAreNubcake Wrote:  and having recently acquired a wife.

Since when?