Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gobo and Gobi cocnept and design
09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Gobo and Gobi cocnept and design
(at first, sorry grammar natzis ._. )

hai, have been playing with the idea of goblins, their design and the reason why they are actually attacking dwarfs.
Well, it's metal.
I imagine goblins as smart race, capable of advanced medieval-like engineering, handy with materials like wood, stone, leather, fabric but they just can't get enought metal because they are unable to dig and maintain mines (give this any reason, like, little resistance to toxic gases).
So they steal. They force small dwarf settlements to to give, or they take by force any kind of metal they can find in form of bars, tools or even furniture.
They are not interested in trading, so I also imagine them as a cheap bastards, bold in nature, following the rule "if it works it's fine", reflected in their design. They can make even zeppelins and submarines, but if simple leaver-action catapult made out of two logs and stones will work, thats enought for them.

More about conceptart, this is basic "Mugging" unit made of:

-engieneer, also the commander of the unit, orders goblins and gremlins, strudy leather armour, metal helmet and pike-like weapon makes him not so easy to kill, but if killed, whole unit gets disorganized (can't maintain formations, slingshoters have slower firerate) its unable to use siege equipment (log-rams, two-log catapult and ladders). Stays away from fight.

-brawler, lot of damage can be sunk in his shield, can knock back dorf to push their weir throught tunnels. Can also pack nice hit with simple blunt weapon.

-staff slingers, ragned attack unit. They very, VERY poorly equipped and cheap. Will try to run away when you are close to them and in melee will try to club you with their sticks.

-infiltrator can turn into objects, be invisible in a shadows, pick up locks sprint and hide in objects (like furnances). Any gobbo wil try to take something with them (even when running away) but their main purpose is to take most precious things and also they can carry a lot. Reason to have tidy and well lit fortress. They can't attack.

-gremlins, nasty things, they are building and powering with their muscles siege weapons but also they can be catapulted wreak havoc in your fortress eg. by breaking gate mechanisms or setting things on fire. It's good idea to have something like tammed cave rat to quickly take care of them. (one is holding Firecracker btw. ;p)

Well, these are basic gobbos. If you fend off enought attacks, thy will send stronger and more advanced forces with time. So modernization of fortress is the must.
Or if you see that there isn't chance of winning you can give them what they want, before attack starts. It wouldn't be much, but everytime when you do this, they will appear more often until you will face them on the battlefield :P

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
RE: Gobo and Gobi cocnept and design
You're right, the grammar was terrible Tongue

BUT if you drew those pictures, that was a great job Big Grin
Very nice indeed, would you mind if they were used on the site?

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-23-2011, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 08:42 PM by ZiggyPox.)
I hope that it wasn't soo horrible and You could grasp my idea of sige/game mechanic :P (It's 1.40 am here and I have horrible headache, but I wonder if this changes much ;p)

And yes, I made them and I don't mind but I can't see where they would fit :P
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Well I'll have a chat with Aaron about what he thinks, there will be Goblins about at some point, so maybe in the meantime yours as emoticons or something would be cool lol.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2012, 07:48 AM
I have never played this game can can any one tell me how to play this game.
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:18 AM by Ratbin.)
oh shit no, ZiggyPox.. I was SO gonna do a post like this XD ya' beat me to it

neat drawings too =3
03-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Nice, but I don't see the engineer "keeping units in formation" because, well, if the game got so big to HAVE formation, that would be the day. (even if the servers can handle it then)
03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
If there is anything bots are good for it's digging up old threads Tongue

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
03-05-2012, 11:50 PM
*looks at post date..... face palms*