Official Lords of Uberdark Forum
Good Pc Bad Fps - Printable Version

+- Official Lords of Uberdark Forum (http://www.uberdarkforum.com)
+-- Forum: Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Good Pc Bad Fps (/showthread.php?tid=424)

Good Pc Bad Fps - liln360 - 03-01-2012 07:25 AM

I know frame rate has been here and there. but my problem or small problem is when i play this i get 20 fps but when i just into the water it goes to 60 and up. Do i need to put ram into this game to get more fps.
Even if i change the resolution i still get the same fps.

Here my spec.
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
GPU: HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB
HDD: 3.5 TB
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium: 64 - Bit

If you guy can help me i thank you Big Grin

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - SabotageTheFool - 03-01-2012 10:27 AM

I found low FPS numbers, I've also found it's not really reflecting the gameplay as I'm playing it fine..

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - manadspaniel - 03-01-2012 11:24 AM

Have you configured any files in there? I don't have a bad one myself, but when I change sizes it can get bad.

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - iAreNubcake - 03-01-2012 05:34 PM

Three things:

1. The game isn't exactly "optimized" at the moment. It's still early in development.
2. The game does not support multithreading at the moment, so you're not getting the most out of your i7.
3. Try lowering the view distance in setup.txt. Even on a good computer, having this option too high can dramatically reduce performance.

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - Jaguar - 03-01-2012 10:58 PM

Strong agree with Nubcake. Your per core speed will affect the game, not number of cores. As far as the 20 fps range, there are some optimizations that can be done to crank it up, but every time we change components, the tuning would go off. Some of the processes will be threaded eventually, I'm sure... in a world of multi-core systems, making a single-core-only game doesn't do much good. That also isn't at the top of the priorities while many followers are screaming for content, and 20FPS is still playable (even better than the 'standard' movie frame rate from back in the day).

Just in my builds locally I've seen things that crank the FPS up to 60... and then it will come back down. Also, there is a subtle frame limiter at 60 FPS right now. It doesn't prevent higher framerates, but it will reduce processor load as those framerates are reached.

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - Ben - 03-02-2012 05:35 AM

My fps also goes up when I go into water, maybe because you can't see as far..

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - SabotageTheFool - 03-02-2012 07:59 AM

Water can make my FPS go hyper.

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - Jaguar - 03-02-2012 11:33 PM

Also, when under water, the render distance and detail drops dramatically. But that shouldn't be the case when near water.

RE: Good Pc Bad Fps - manadspaniel - 03-12-2012 03:17 AM

Jag knows what he's talkin' 'bout.