Official Lords of Uberdark Forum
Cube Building ... - Printable Version

+- Official Lords of Uberdark Forum (http://www.uberdarkforum.com)
+-- Forum: Lords of Uberdark (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Bugs/Glitches (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Cube Building ... (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cube Building ... - VerbalProcessing - 02-03-2012 03:30 AM

Hey Mates. So, is cube-building just gone in Alpha 40? I've tried a number of different keys and clicks. I'm stumped!

RE: Cube Building ... - Jaguar - 02-03-2012 04:23 AM

As far as I can tell, that's a yes. With the redesign of the build interface, cube building is (at least for now) lost. From looking at things I can see from here, I think it is leaning toward some items will be cube by default, and others will be 'ball' by default. The item will determine the build interface rather than the user from here on out, I think. (IE, you'll have to hew stone into stone blocks, etc)

RE: Cube Building ... - SabotageTheFool - 02-03-2012 06:22 AM

What he's saying is:

When holding the material you want as a block in the inventory with left click, press right click and it's made into blocks (NOTE: This converts the whole stack).

Welcome to the forum Wink

RE: Cube Building ... - VerbalProcessing - 02-03-2012 07:22 AM

Ahh -- I just tried this and got it working. Thanks. Was this in some notes that I missed? In any case, glad to have that sorted out now.

RE: Cube Building ... - SabotageTheFool - 02-03-2012 07:49 AM

I haven't seen it in notes, but iAreNubcake mentioned it to me before. Being the wiki editor I have to absorb things like this >_< lol

Working on an new video?

Hope you remember me Tongue

RE: Cube Building ... - iAreNubcake - 02-03-2012 04:14 PM

It is in the log file/change log, so I guess you guys must be blind. :3

Btw, hi Ian. Welcome to the forum, though this isn't you introduction... lol Why don't you make one and tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Aaron, though I'm not Aaron Bishop. Just kinda worked out that the other forum admin was also named Aaron...

RE: Cube Building ... - GabbyBob - 02-04-2012 12:59 AM

Offtopic:
I saw aaron... On the forums... Red name and everything. He didn't post anything but I was blown away. xD
/offtopic

Anyway, I didn't really mind it gone. I never used it on a.39. lol.

RE: Cube Building ... - Kazekai - 02-04-2012 02:56 AM

(02-04-2012 12:59 AM)GabbyBob Wrote:  Offtopic:
I saw aaron... On the forums... Red name and everything. He didn't post anything but I was blown away. xD
/offtopic

Anyway, I didn't really mind it gone. I never used it on a.39. lol.

I imagine it'll be useful when it's polished, I tried using it but thought it was too broken in 39...

RE: Cube Building ... - Jaguar - 02-04-2012 02:02 PM

Building in such a smooth game is a challenge. I still think a xy/xz/yz planar lock when cube building is appropriate....

RE: Cube Building ... - SabotageTheFool - 02-04-2012 03:04 PM

Yeah, when it's not lego style it becomes much harder >_<